Samsung Austin Semiconductor is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the world with more than 3,000 employees and 2.45 million square feet of floor space. Samsung Austin Semiconductor has broad semiconductor process technology offerings serving customers in various application areas including mobile, consumer, networking/high performance computing, Internet of Things, RF and automotive.
Since 1996, its parent company, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd has invested approximately $17 billion in Samsung Austin Semiconductor's Austin, Texas campus, making it one of the largest direct foreign investments in United States history. Samsung Austin Semiconductor is a premier employer who provides a great place to work, as well as advanced and upskilled training to thriving employees. Visit www.samsung.com/us/sas.
Samsung Austin Semiconductor strives to be the World's Best Foundry.
The Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) team is focused on industrial hygiene, safety engineering, environmental stewardship, fire protection, and/or radiological health. As part of the EHS Department, you will engage with both internal employees and external personnel to ensure compliance with company, state and federal requirements.Role and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Seeking a dynamic Environmental Engineer with strong problem solving capabilities, ability to institute new and innovative solutions as well as maintain environmental compliance for one of the most advanced semiconductor facilities in the United States.
- Manage air program compliance with State of Texas New Source Review and Title V air permitting programs including permit amendments and renewals as well as NAAQS and ESL modeling.
- Proficient in calculating air emissions utilizing semiconductor process knowledge, production volumes and chemical characteristics.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting maintenance startup/shutdown events, site deviations, monitoring and measurement data associated with control equipment along with other permit required special conditions.
- Experienced with process exhaust management and air abatement equipment functionality.
- Establish goals, objectives and operating plans to maintain and enhance compliance with environmental rules and regulations.
- Networking with industry professionals and regulatory entities to disseminate best practices and learnings within the organization.
- Utilize industry knowledge and technical expertise to adapt regulatory procedures and practices to moderately complex problems.
- Engagement in internal, external and regulatory audits/inspections. Perform and document gap analysis on open action items and track all items to closure.
- Workdays & Hours: M-F, 1st Shift.
- Experienced and trained in State of Texas air permitting programs including New Source Review and Title V. Semiconductor related experience is preferred.
- Experienced in Clean Air Act (CAA) requirements and regulations.
- 7+ years in environmental and compliance program management associated with air, water and waste regulations.
- Bachelor of Science in environmental science, engineering or closely related field.
- REM or CHMM certification is a plus.
- Detailed understanding of local and regional EHS regulatory requirements.
- Experience dealing with federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
- Experience developing, managing and leading projects.
- Excellent communication & social skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software programs.
- Skillful in incident investigation and root cause analysis.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.