Intermediate Hydrogeologist - ( 210001NP )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
In today's increasingly competitive global market, excellence in environmental management can enhance the reputation and position of a company within its industry. At Stantec we specialize in the environment. We manage environmental issues professionally and proactively to improve our clients' profitability and competitive advantage by allowing them to identify and respond to opportunities and threats within the changing regulatory and corporate environments.
Our Environmental Services Group is a significant part of Stantec's success and employs over 2,100 staff across North America. Our dedicated group of professionals provide a wide variety of environmental services and are recognized as leaders in the industry. Specific services include: hydrology, hydrogeology, fisheries & wildlife biology, wetland science, botany, habitat & ecosystem restoration and soil science. Our clients come from a broad spectrum of industries and we work with them to identify and respond to environmental opportunities and threats, working together with the public, stakeholder groups and governmental regulators.
We have an immediate opening for an Intermediate Hydrogeologist to join our team in either our Waterloo or Markham offices. As an Intermediate Hydrogeologist, you would be involved in a variety of projects related to hydrogeologic assessments and groundwater supply development.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Organize field investigations in support of hydrogeology studies including drilling, well construction, and testing oversight; groundwater and surface water sampling; water level monitoring; hydraulic conductivity testing; and infiltration testing.
- Design and construction of groundwater monitoring wells and groundwater supply wells.
- Develop conceptual site hydrogeologic understanding
- Analyze and interpret data including pumping test results, aquifer response, surface water and groundwater interaction.
- Prepare technical reports documenting field investigations, analytical results and interpretation.
- Assist project managers with developing project budgets, determining project scope, and establishing project schedules.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to meet a strong demand for high-quality, organized and consistent results.
- Confident individual who demonstrates strong initiative and is capable of independent action with the ability to make informed decisions.
- Excellent team-building and management capabilities, solid oral and written communication skills are desired.
- Recognized for your high level of technical skills and practical ability to solve problems in various settings.
- Familiarity with local practice and markets is considered an asset.
- A valid Driver's License is required.
Education and Experience
- 5 to 10 years of hydrogeology / consulting experience.
- Post-secondary educational background, ideally M.Sc., specializing in Hydrogeology/Geology or related field
- Eligible for professional registration within Ontario.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Markham
Job : Hydrogeologist
Organization : BC-1609 Environmental Services-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jul 12, 2021, 7:09:47 AM
Req ID: 210001NP
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans