For quicker response, please apply directly at https://jobs.lever.co/scismic/e9efd2dd-2a7a-4641-a379-679ee6a8caa8?lever-source=ZipRecruiter
Scismic.comis supporting the growth of a biotech company working on technologies in stem cell biology, tissue engineering, and 3D additivemanufacturing with the goal of ending donor organ shortage.
The ideal candidate is an innovative and self-motivated scientist with demonstrated ability to creatively solve difficult problems, excellent at troubleshooting, and is able to work well within a diverse team and independently. The candidate must have ample technical expertise in multiple cell biology techniques including quantitative polymerase chain reaction, fluorescence microscopy, flow cytometry and other immune-based assays. Primary cell isolation experience and knowledge of kidney biology are a must. Three-dimensional tissue and cell culture experience, 3D printing and bioprinting experience are a plus as well. The candidate will have wide-ranging responsibilities and opportunities within a dynamic, enthusiastic, highly interdisciplinary, and collaborative team.
- Help develop protocols for/ and routinely isolate cells from human tissue
- Help develop strategies for characterization of primary cells
- Help develop strategies for maintenance of cell functionality in-vitro
- Work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to design, plan and execute experiments that support research activities, project goals and platform development
- Serve as a key contributor to the discovery and development of new technologies in tissue/organ engineering
- Recent PhD graduate or M.S level scientist with 5+ years of experience in cell biology, tissue engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of mammalian cell culture experience is required
- Demonstrated expertise designing, planning, and executing experiments using cell biology and bioengineering tools (including but not limited to: qPCR, immunostaining and fluorescent microscopy, Flow cytometry, and other immune-based assays)
- Deep knowledge of kidney and/or pancreas biology and physiology is required.
- Expertise in three-dimensional printing, bioprinting, tissue culture (not required but is a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Salary: Commensurate with experience. This position is eligible for stock options.