At Charles River, we are passionate about improving the quality of people's lives. When you join our global family, you will help create healthier lives for millions of patients and their families.
Charles River employees are innovative thinkers, who are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement. We will empower you with the resources you need to grow and develop in your career.
As a Charles River employee, you will be part of an industry-leading, customer-focused company at the forefront of drug development. Your skills will play a key role in bringing life-saving therapies to market faster through simpler, quicker, and more digitalized processes. Whether you are in lab operations, finance, IT, sales, or another area, when you work at Charles River, you will be the difference every day for patients across the globe.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our Molecular Biology Department focused on conducting molecular biology research to support pre-clinical safety and toxicity studies.
This individual under limited supervision of Scientists will primarily be responsible for setting up experiments, performing assays (DNA/RNA purification and quantitation, qPCR. qRT-PCR etc.), making observations, collecting, recording and reporting data in compliance with SOPs and GLP regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Independently perform routine molecular biology techniques such as DNA/RNA purification from cells,tissues and biofluids, quantitate DNA/RNA and set up qPCR/qRT-PCR/DD-RT-PCR reactions.
• Independently perform data analysis and prepare study tables.
• Function as the lead technician on assigned studies by taking the lead role in coordinating study-related procedures, manage project timelines, co-ordinate resources and prioritize assigned studies with minimal supervision,
• Prepare and maintain study notebooks, developing and implementing Study Specific Procedures (as appropriate).
• Participate in sponsor representative interactions under the direct supervision of senior scientific staff or management.
• Perform laboratory procedures and collect and record/document research data in compliance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) study protocols, study- and laboratory-specific methods or procedures, and company policies/practices.
• Review documentation of functions performed as part of quality control requirements.
• Periodically peer review data, documentation, and tabulated summaries as generated/collected by less experienced technical staff.
• Assist with reviewing and updating processes and SOPs as assigned
• Assist in the development and review of basic to complex study protocols
• Work with scientific staff to develop new techniques and/or procedures to expand capabilities in the Department.
• Set up and maintain basic laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
• Maintain clean work areas
• Provide guidance and mentorship to new hires and less experienced lab staff.
• Adhere to current Health and Safety regulations.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
• Education: Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in a life sciences or related discipline required.
• Experience: Two to four years related experience in biology, chemistry/pharmacy in a contract lab or similar lab environment, or must have demonstrated full knowledge of competencies at the previous level.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
• Certification/Licensure: None.
• Other: Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Ability to carry out standard laboratory calculations. Proficient in basic technical skills and the operation of data collection equipment. Knowledge of GLPs and other federal regulations and guidelines desired. Must be able to perform effectively as a team member, accurately record data, follow verbal and written instructions, communicate effectively, and interact in a professional manner with management, coworkers, and sponsors.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients' clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client's unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.