THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Coordinator provides operational support on safety and environmental matters. The position is also responsible for supporting development of, leading and sustaining facility safety and environmental initiatives to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for employees. In addition, the position supports and drives continuous improvement at the site, works with the business leaders to identify solutions to EHS issues/challenges.
* Ensure compliance with applicable air, stormwater, solid/hazardous waste State & Federal regulations.
* Understands, and influences, human behaviors to reduce workplace risks.
* Has the ability to teach others to assess risk, identify hazards, and implement appropriate controls.
* Incredible interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence others that do not report to you.
* Prior experience with identifying and minimize Environmental, Health, and Safety risks and communicate critical tasks, as required, to essential business units.
* Perform job duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines.
* Complies with all company policies and procedures.
* Inspect facilities to evaluate operational effectiveness and ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
* Support any requirements pertaining to Air Permits, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP), Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) and RCRA waste characterizing.
* Recommend corrective actions, as needed.
* Maintain regulated waste storage areas and satellite accumulation containers.
* Log, Track and Ship regulated waste.
* Complete routine inspections and support corrective actions.
* Lead projects for waste reduction and sustainability planning.
* Supports personnel in selection of appropriate personal protective equipment.
* Assist in completing safety risk assessments.
* Conduct safety training, as required.
* Understands federal and state occupational safety and health regulations and monitors regulatory changes as they occur.
* Follow all aspects of the site Environmental, Health and Safety Policy as it pertains to normal job duties.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Ability to manage change to ensure safety and environmental compliance.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
* Bachelor 's degree preferred.
* Occupational Safety, Environmental Science, or Industrial Hygiene preferred.
* Minimum of 3 years related work experience.
* Prior EHS work experience with Research & Development, and manufacturing operations.
* Knowledge of safety and environmental regulations.
* Able to understand complex regulations and be able to communicate requirements to groups with diverse interests and backgrounds.
* Familiarity with data and root cause analysis techniques.
* Understanding of incident and injury prevention programs.
* Experience implementing, training and maintaining safety programs such as Lock Out, Machine
* Guarding, Hazard Communication, High Voltage Electrical and Ergonomic Assessments.
* Ability to work varied hours with occasional travel (domestic), required.
* Must be self-motivated with good communication skills.
* Must be organized and have knowledge of regulatory record keeping requirements.
* Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-cultural, team-oriented environment.
* Proficient skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
* HAZWOPER, or Dangerous Goods, certification is preferred.
* DOT Hazardous Materials certification is preferred.
* OSHA 30-Hour General Industry, or Construction, certification is preferred.