Motiva Corporate Office; Houston, TX Position Overview:
If you are currently enrolled as a student, Motiva's paid, assessed Internship Program enables you to get to know our company and immerse yourself in the oil and gas industry. It gives you day-to-day involvement in actual projects selected to match your interests and abilities. A supervisor and mentor will provide you with regular assessments and performance feedback throughout your internship. This is to ensure you get the most from your experience and help you decide if a potential career with Motiva is right for you.
Following completion of a successful internship, you have the potential to be offered a returning internship or full-time role that follows Motiva's Grad Framework dependent on your graduation date and business need. Responsibilities:
- Review marine freight related topics using analytical methods and provide well supported recommendations for future actions based on past performance.
- Review marine business performance and provide statistical support for marine key performance indicator reporting across Chartering, Operations and Assurance functions.
- Review marine operations for reporting accuracy and efficiency, make recommendations for areas of cost control and expense recuperation.
- Review current marine processes and align and build documentation for new methods and systems.
- 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Pursuing a B.S in Maritime or Marine focused operations and logistics program
- Basic computer skills, MS Windows, MS office and MS Excel
- Basic computation and technical skills
- Time management skills
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee, temporary resident, or an individual who possesses valid work authorization. Individuals with temporary visas (H-1, H-2, J-1, F-1, etc.) or who require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future are not eligible for hire.
- Previous internship experience is a plus
- Proven leadership and/or participation in extracurricular activities preferred
- Other work experience not related to position/area of study will be taken into consideration