Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing. In 2019, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.Eurofins Central Analytical Laboratory offers analytical support and food safety consulting to a wide range of local, regional and international clients. ECAL's services include chemical analysis, inspection and sampling of food and commodities, such as grain and grain by-products and food safety consulting.ECAL's analytical methods and personnel are certified, approved, or accredited by recognized organizations such as A2LA, AOCS, IOC, FOSFA and GAFTA. Additionally, ECAL has been certified by the Japanese Ministry of Health and Welfare.Eurofins Central Analytical Laboratory, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a Laboratory Department Manager in New Orleans, LA.Job DescriptionJob Description
QualificationsThe ideal candidate would possess:
- Maintain a safe, fast-paced, and positive laboratory environment.
- Draft study protocols, Informed Consent Forms, and other trial-supporting documents for IRB submission of GCP-compliant studies
- Obtain informed consent from human test subjects in a GCP setting.
- Obtain background health information from prospective study subjects to evaluate their eligibility to participate in clinical trials
- Obtain HIPAA Authorization from prospective study subject.
- Interview prospective study subjects.
- Coordinate with Principal Investigator to ensure adequate subject recruitment has been met for each study
- Interact directly with clients on an as-needed basis
- Assist in training of other personnel as requested.
- Ensure safety and compliance with governmental regulations
- Interact with FDA and clients as needed in the event of an inspection/audit
- Follow all applicable Good Clinical Practice Regulations
- Perform delegated duties assigned by Principal Investigator
- Responsible for the technical conduct of assigned tasks
- Make certain that all experimental data, including observation of unanticipated responses of the test microorganisms are accurately recorded and verified.
- Follow all protocol and SOPs, reporting any deviations promptly to Principal Investigator
- Note and inform Principal Investigator of any unforeseen circumstances that may affect the quality and integrity of the study when they occur
- Prepare microbiological media and supplies.
- Assist with basic laboratory needs, such as cleaning, organization, or equipment validation
- Maintain and regularly update resume and training records
- Transfer all raw data, documentation, protocols, and final reports to the Archivist at the close of the study.
- Other duties as needed.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Good time management skills.
- Clear communicators, able to give and receive direction clearly and efficiently.
- Adaptable, open to performing lab work when needed but also being restricted to clinical subject testing.
- Ability to be a self-starter and work cooperatively with others in a small-company environment.
- Ability to treat clinical study participants with respect and courtesy.
- Skill and familiarity with basic microbiology techniques (bacterial, fungal, and/or viral) in a BSL II environment
- Excellent work ethic.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software (e.g. Word, Excel)
- Experience in a clinical research environment and/or previous micrbiology work experience
- Reliable transportation and safe driving history.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Austin, TX are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays