Tune Therapeutics is a cutting-edge biotechnology company developing novel epigenome Senior modifiers for the treatment of disease, with interests in both cell and gene therapy. Across our Durham and Seattle sites, our team brings together committed scientists with expertise ranging from basic discovery to clinical development. We are excited about discovery-stage science as well as translating new technologies to improve patient health in the clinic. Job description:
As a Senior Scientist
at Tune Tx, you will be tasked with advancing various research and development programs from early discovery to IND-enabling studies. This role will be an active part of a team responsible for carrying out research projects contributing to development of novel gene and cell therapy products as well as the preclinical translational of such approaches in accordance with Tune Tx goals. You will be working in a fast-paced, multifunctional, and flexible team-centric environment with a high degree of independence in working towards collaborative goals.Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Basic Qualifications:
- PhD with 3 - 5 years (OR) BS / MS with 5+ years of academic or industry experience
- Background in cell biology, immunology, bioengineering, or relevant biomedical sciences required.
- Experience in general molecular biology and tissue culture techniques including aseptic procedures, mammalian cell culture, PCR, and extraction of DNA/RNA.
- Design and independently perform experiments and contribute to scientific discussions.
- Critical thinking and an ability to read and analyze literature in the field.
- Work collaboratively with project lead and team of scientists.
- Plan, design, manage and prioritize experimental timelines to maximize productivity.
- Ability to lead and mentor research associates and peers.
- Experience with induced pluripotent stem cell biology (iPSC) or Hematopoietic stem cells (HSC)
- Experience with in vitro differentiation of hematopoietic lineages (lymphoid, erythroid, and myeloid subsets).
- Experience with multi-parameter flow cytometry, intracellular cytokine staining and data analysis.
- Experience juggling multiple priorities with a focus on alignment with company goals.
- Experience with Electronic Laboratory Notebooks (ELN)
- Responsible for independently developing and designing preclinical experiments to assist in in vitro characterization of Tune Tx's therapeutic products.
- Responsible for the development of novel protocols focused on the differentiation of iPSCs towards hematopoietic lineages as well as the maintenance and functional validation of these cells.
- Responsible for data analysis, presentation, and interpretation of experiments as well as proposed next steps to achieve time-sensitive company goals and milestones.
- Oversee and verify that work is being correctly performed, analyzed, recorded, and reported by research associates in the team.
- Ensure that shared resources are utilized appropriately between teams and coordinate experiments with colleagues to achieve Tune Tx milestones and goals.
- Participate in the development of novel IP generation and support company events (speaking, presenting, meetings, trainings, etc.).
- Mentor, deep dive and collaborate with team members.
Tune Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Tune Therapeutics is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.