AKS Engineering & Forestry (AKS) is seeking a permanent full time Survey Crew Leader for our Tualatin, Oregon office. We offer a supportive work environment with an excellent benefit package and an outstanding opportunity for personal and professional growth. If you are looking to continue your career with a well-respected and talented team of professionals, you'll want to consider AKS.Ideal Candidate Qualifications
Job Functions & Responsibilities
- 4+ years' relevant experience as a Crew Leader with progressive responsibilities
- LSIT certification or registered Professional Land Surveyor
- Commitment to safety in the field
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Utilize various survey equipment, including robotic total station, GPS, Laser Scanner and Data Collectors.
- Create neat, accurate, and professional field notes.
- Supervise field crew personnel.
- Collect Data for Boundary, Topographic, Industrial and Construction surveys.
- Quality Control by reviewing final maps.
- Learns/studies survey profession to increase knowledge, learn how to resolve boundary issues, and prepare for LSIT/LS exams.
- Complete projects and special assignments as requested.
- Do what needs to be done.
AKS is a locally owned infrastructure engineering firm that provides professional consulting services to municipal and private clients in the Pacific Northwest. Our company provides a unique combination of services including civil engineering, surveying, planning, natural resources, landscape architecture, arboriculture, water resources, and forestry. With this combination of professionals, we bring a holistic approach to problem-solving that allows us to implement solutions that may not be obvious when viewed from a single perspective. We have an established, broad-based portfolio of clients including land owners, real-estate developers, architects, government agencies, public service providers, timberland owners, and others. With four offices and nearly 25 years in business, AKS is a well-respected and trusted resource to our clients. AKS is consistently ranked as one of the largest engineering firms in the Portland metropolitan area. Despite our growth, we have remained true to our values and diligently maintain our focus on quality. Visit our website at www.aks-eng.com for additional information about the work we do.The Culture
AKS is not your typical consulting firm. We have created a unique work environment that is professional, friendly, casual, hardworking, and fun. With a reputation built on personal responsibility, straight answers, practical solutions, and above all else, client service, AKS has become a highly sought-after place to work. In fact, AKS was recognized by The Oregonian as one of the Top Workplaces of 2018 and 2019. We specifically place our offices closer to where our employees live providing us faster response to our clients and a shorter drive to work for most employees. We emphasize building long-term relationships with clients at all levels of our organization and this philosophy has allowed us to expand and grow. Every employee is treated as a valuable asset and everyone's voice matters.Benefits
AKS values our employees and proudly provides competitive compensation, benefits, and special perks. Checkout the Careers page of our website for more information on all that AKS offers.