Environmental Health & Safety Engineer, Philips Healthcare, (Plymouth,MN.)Job DescriptionIf you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.In this role, you have the opportunity to:
- Lead the startup of a newly acquired manufacturing center of excellence in Minnesota. You will be in on the ground floor building strong environmental, health, safety and sustainability programs for a cross-functional site supporting multiple business groups.
You are responsible for
- Implement EHS programs for three business groups occupying the Plymouth, MN facility to ensure compliance with regulatory bodies and a safe work environment for employees in both medical device manufacturing and office-based settings.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Direct EHS programs for the Plymouth, MN site to ensure compliance and alignment with Philips corporate Health, Safety and Sustainability policies and requirements.
- Maintain compliance with EPA, MN Pollution Control Agency, and MNOSHA.
- Develop and manage site safety and health programs to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for employees
- Drive site programs to achieve ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 management system certifications for the site.
- Develop and manage environmental programs including; Solid and Hazardous Waste Management, Recycling, Energy and Water Reduction Programs, New Chemical Approval, Tier 2 Reporting, DOT Hazardous Materials / Dangerous Goods, and other general environmental management system and control programs.
- Develop and maintain an effective emergency response program commensurate with the risk-related emergencies relevant to the site and operations. In this role, will be required to deal with site emergencies that may occur outside of normal work hours.
- Conduct internal audits, inspections, risk assessments, and accident investigations.
Why should you join Philips?
- Bachelor's degree in environmental, health and safety or related scientific discipline with 5 plus years of EH&S experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with ISO 14001 Environmental Management System and ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety
- Strong leadership qualities and the ability to complete assignments with minimal supervisory over-site.
- Personal qualities of flexibility, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Acts in a professional manner by approaching others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treating others with respect and consideration; accepts responsibility for own actions, and follows through on commitments.
- Computer literacy including proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly excel. SharePoint experience is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, including oral and written.
- Experience in "Behavior based safety" and "Job Safety Analysis" concepts.
- Experience in liaising with local and state regulators and to maintain positive working relationships.
- Effectively communicates to numerous stakeholders including senior management, other Business Groups, internal and/or external customers and staff.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa. #LI-PH1 Contact If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.