Savannah Technical College seeks a full-time Logistics Program Instructor. The instructor is responsible for teaching students in classroom and lab environments, building industry relationships, and assisting students with job placement. This is a grant-funded position, contingent upon receipt of funding.
* Instructs students, evaluates and records student progress in attaining goals and objectives.
* Advises/counsels students, maintains appropriate student records on each student; provides student registration assistance.
* Recruits new students to the Logistics program, and manages student retention.
* Ensures safety requirements are met in the classroom and laboratory environments.
* Completes reports and responds to requests for information from internal and external departments and agencies.
* Monitors student use of supplies, materials, and equipment. Reports inventory and orders supplies/equipment as necessary.
* May serve on committees and/or work on projects with other instructional departments/divisions and school-wide planning.
* Follows all policies and procedures of Savannah Technical College.
* Flexible work schedule hours to include day/evening classes.
* Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field from a regionally accredited institution *and* three (3) years of applicable work experience in the logistics field, with progressively increasing responsibilities.
* Documented excellent human-relations, interpersonal skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
Work is typically performed in a classroom environment with intermittent sitting, standing, or walking in various settings. Employee frequently lifts and carries objects of a light to medium weight. Full range of hand and finger motion may be utilized for data entry purposes. Drivers License and evidence of insurability required.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with education and work experience. Benefits include paid state holidays, annual and sick leave, and the State of Georgia Flexible Benefits package. Positions are contingent upon funding.
Position considered open until filled. Candidates must pass a criminal background check. Applicants must submit an electronic application through Team Georgia Careers and attach cover letter and resume (incomplete submissions will not be considered). Please include your annual salary for each position held.
POSITION CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AND ALLOCATION OF POSITION.
Note: No phone inquiries please. Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to personally contact each applicant. If we are interested in scheduling an interview, a representative from our college will contact you.
All male applicants between the ages of 18 and 26 years of age must present proof of Selective Service Registration. Savannah Technical College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). Invitation to Self-Identify For compliance activities, contact Melissa Banks, Title IX and Equity Coordinator, Room A110 or (912) 443-3388, email@example.com. Send written correspondence to Savannah Technical College, Attn: Melissa Banks, 5717 White Bluff Road, Savannah, GA 31405. STC is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree. Candidates may be required to submit a valid Driver's License, proof of insurability, and/or a driver's history report for positions involving state travel.
Minimum qualifications for this position will be determined by the teaching discipline and compliance with appropriate accrediting bodies. Must be credentialed to satisfy all appropriate accrediting bodies for the course assigned
* Agency Logo:
* Requisition ID: EDU04AU
* Number of Openings: 1
* Shift: Variable