Groundwater & Environmental Services, Inc. (GES), an industry leader with a reputation for excellence in providing environmental consulting, engineering, compliance, and technical field services to clients in diverse market sectors, seeks a Principal Environmental Project Manager to apply technical leadership and guidance to challenging environmental projects and assist in the expansion our environmental portfolio across the Great Lakes region.
Our Principal Environmental Project Manager must possess technical expertise, strategic vision, an entrepreneurial approach, and the ability to leverage industry connections, while working with other leaders within the environmental sector.
It is preferred for this role to be based near, or the same state as, one of the following GES office locations / project locations: Denver, Colorado; Aurora, Illinois; Indianapolis, Indiana; Louisville, Kentucky; Lexington, Kentucky; New Hudson, Michigan; Eagan, Minnesota; Hudson, Ohio; Cincinnati, Ohio or Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania.
- Handling project management for high visibility / large scale projects within the Great Lakes region, which includes: project definition, siting, assessment, permitting, data management, construction, and compliance support.
- Ensuring successful project progression, which includes: overseeing cost management / revenue & client satisfaction metrics, ensuring optimal resource utilization, and promoting the HSSE culture / stewarding safe work performance.
- Acting as primary contact for key clients by providing regular status updates, resolving project related challenges, and establishing a strong business relationship.
- Assisting in account development, sales, and delivery of GES' consulting services for clients within the Great Lakes region's environmental market.
- Developing strategy and action plan(s) that leverage GES' assessment, remediation and compliance offerings, while successfully targeting the high priority service needs of key clients.
- Expanding existing client relationships by ensuring quality service on current projects, and focusing cross-selling efforts towards new high-potential opportunities.
- Generating leads through an established professional network, as well as by attending conferences and industry events.
- Utilizing technical expertise to develop proposals, create written content, develop pricing, co-conduct presentations, and finalize contracting.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in the sciences or engineering.
- Professional Geologist (PG) and / or Professional Engineer (PE) license is a plus.
- 15+ years of providing environmental consulting related project management and client service support within one or more of the following industries:
- Terminals, Pipelines, and Refineries
- Power & Utilities
- Established relationships with key decision makers in one or more of the aforementioned industries, and a proven business development track record if a major plus.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, analytical, organizational, technical writing, presentation, and client service skills are required.
Our comprehensive benefits program includes: medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401k, FSA, STD, LTD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
Groundwater & Environmental Services, Inc. (GES) believes that diversity and inclusion among our staff is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. At GES, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement
GES requires that each candidate for employment must be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) with a vaccine approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration, as well as show proof of vaccination if hired.