Aspen Environmental Group is seeking a highly motivated Biologist in California.
Aspen Environmental Group is a dynamic, interdisciplinary environmental services firm that provides impact analysis, permitting, and compliance services for a wide variety of public and private clients. Aspen specializes in providing expert compliance services for complex, multi-faceted infrastructure and public works projects. Aspen has about 60 dedicated and enthusiastic employees located mainly across four offices in California. We maintain a collaborative work environment that promotes multi-disciplinary collaboration and rigorous applied science. We pride ourselves on shaping careers in a way that provides a healthy rhythm of work and life responsibilities. Success at Aspen will include a blend of motivated initiative, business acumen, technical expertise, commitment, flexibility, and teamwork. Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Writing and editing technical reports, proposals, CEQA and NEPA impact analyses, and regulatory permit applications. Writing ability is essential to this position and will require the demonstrated ability to prepare high-quality, well written, well organized documents consistent with industry standards.
- Completing resource area delineations and functional assessments.
- Preparing permit applications in accordance with State, Local, and Federal guidelines.
- Managing project budgets and coordinating project work.
- Participating in interdisciplinary teams for watershed assessment, resource inventory, impact analysis, and natural resource management planning projects
- Working effectively in both field and office environments.
Qualifications for Success
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience; preferably 10+ years.
- A bachelor's degree (master's degree preferred) in biological sciences or a closely related field.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, particularly the ability to produce high-quality written reports.
- Demonstrated experience in project permitting, impact assessments, proposal preparation, environmental planning, and biological resource delineation, and mitigation planning.
- Experience with state and federal regulations and permitting for jurisdictional waters and wetlands.
- Experience and familiarity with state and federal Endangered Species Act regulations and consultations.
- Experience with CEQA and NEPA document preparation.
- Relevant experience with California and southwestern ecosystems and knowledge of local southern California flora and fauna.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate successful relationships with clients, regulatory agencies and subcontractors.
- Success in new business development, preferred.
- Highly-developed organization skills with attention to both the big picture and attention to detail are a necessity to meet competing deadlines and demands.
- Experience with construction monitoring and compliance reporting, preferred.
- Skills in MS Office, CRAM, ARC GIS, and GPS data collection,
- Ability to travel regionally, as-needed. In addition, as this position could involve field work to remote areas, the applicant must be able to travel to and work in rugged terrain during inclement weather.
Aspen offers a wide range of benefits and a competitive compensation package. Salary will be commensurate with experience.To apply.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Senior Biologist [NAME]" in the subject line.
Aspen is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity and an inclusive work environment. Aspen considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, ancestry, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.