If you're like people at Teva, you dare to be different. We're making well-being a way of life for our customers and our colleagues. Join us in helping to make healthcare more accessible to more patients, while supporting one of the most innovative teams in the industry.
Teva's Irvine, CA production site is one of our complex manufacturing and supply chain operations.
We are strengthening and adding to our critical teams with great talent and capabilities. Teva, a global organization, with a brand of evolving success. Be part of it!
We offer a competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription coverage starting on the first day. We also offer Disability and Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, a 6% match on the 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and Tuition Assistance.
Teva is a global pharmaceutical leader and the world's largest generic medicines producer committed to improving health and increasing access to quality Health solutions worldwide. Our employees are at the core of our success, with colleagues in over 80 countries delivering the world's largest medicine cabinet to 200 million people every day. We offer a uniquely diverse portfolio of products and solutions for patients and we've built a promising pipeline centered around our core therapeutic areas. We are continually developing patient-centric solutions and significantly growing both our generic and specialty medicines business through investment in research and development, marketing, business development, and innovation. This is how we improve health and enable people to live better, healthier lives. Join us on our journey of growth!
This role is responsible for leading the development, implementation, management, compliance, and performance of environment and sustainability programs at the Teva, Irvine facility.
Essential Duties / Functions:
• Develop, implement and continuously improve site-specific programs to ensure compliance with all applicable environmental regulations at the federal, state, and local levels and Teva EHS&S management system expectations.
• Provide operational oversight for all facility environmental programs required by regulatory agencies including but not limited to the South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD), Orange County Health Care Agency (OCHCA)/CUPA, Orange County Sanitation District (OCSD) / Irvine Ranch Water District (IRWD), Regional Water Quality Control Board (RWQCB), Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and Teva EHS&S management system expectations.
• Monitor and maintain environmental records and permits in compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal regulations and Teva requirements.
• Collect, analyze and periodically report to site leadership on-site environmental impact.
• Provide leadership and coordination for the Green Team to identify, implement and improve site environmental sustainability initiatives.
• Coordinate and participate in facility EHS&S inspections to mitigate hazards, environmental risks and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Lead and/or support EHS&S incident investigations to identify the root cause and ensure effective implementation of CAPAs.
• Support the management and optimization of site EHS&S expenses.
• Experience designing and implementing strategies, programs, and processes that support the business strategy
• Provide support to safety and health management programs and perform other duties as assigned or required by business needs.
• Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Engineering, Other Engineering, or related Physical Science (i.e., Chemistry, Physics, etc.) required. Master's degree preferred.
• 3 years of practical EHS experience in environmental program management in a manufacturing environment.
• Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
• Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) or Engineer in Training (EIT) preferred.
• Professional Certification in Safety or Environmental Management preferred.
• Knowledge in lean six-sigma principles and techniques desirable.
• Knowledge of current environmental regulatory requirements and ability to assess and identify site applicability.
• Ability for scheduling flexibility to cover different work shifts (24 hours a day/7 days a week) when required and to be available for emergency response needs.
• Demonstrated capability to use MS Office programs including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Familiarity with Enablon EHS management software desirable.
Environmental Health and Safety
Environmental Health and Safety
Already Working @TEVA?
If you are a current Teva employee, please apply using the internal career site available on "Employee Central". By doing so, your application will be treated with priority. You will also be able to see opportunities that are open exclusively to Teva employees. The internal career site is available from your home network as well. If you have trouble accessing your EC account, please contact your local HR/IT partner.
Teva's Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
Teva Pharmaceuticals is committed to equal opportunity in employment. It is Teva's global policy that equal employment opportunity is provided without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran status, national or ethnic origin or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable laws. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to support you throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.
Inclusion & Diversity at Teva
Empowering our diverse employee base and creating an inclusive culture is both a business imperative and an opportunity to bring us closer to our patients, our partners, and our communities. Teva employees respect and embrace a diverse range of experiences, capabilities, and perspectives that connect us to new insights and opportunities while building a more inclusive culture for all. We strive to enable a work environment where all employees can feel engaged and know they are making an important contribution to improving health and making people feel better.