Welcome to VITRO!
We are a leader in the design, production, and distribution of glass markets worldwide. Through the Container, Flat Glass, and Automotive business units, Vitro products reach more than 40 countries, with operating and marketing facilities in eight countries on the American continent.
We are seeking a Manager of EHS responsible for managing environmental, health and safety (EH&S) programs for the Crestline, OH fabrication plant in a manner that supports Vitro's business goals. The successful candidate provides EH&S direction and has accountability for the development, direction, implementation and maintenance of management systems and processes that assure ongoing compliance with regulatory and Vitro requirements. In addition, s/he focuses on the anticipation, recognition, evaluation, communication and control of potential environmental, health and safety hazards Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain a process and programs for Plant safety, health and environment to achieve conformance to defined Vitro, regulatory and customer requirements.
- Facilitate the Plant Leadership Team as well as the plant safety programs consistent with established Vitro requirements and external standards through the development, implementation and administration of a variety of training, incentive and communication programs that promote employees' safety awareness.
- Coordinate the provision of competent first aid and/or treatment for work-related injuries/illnesses, health maintenance/medical surveillance and referral services for Vitro employees; coordinate industrial hygiene monitoring for noise, particulates, hydrocarbon vapor, etc. in accordance with Vitro and regulatory requirements and maintain individual and group medical records, as well as oversee the Workers' Compensation Program in conjunction with Human Resources to ensure programs are in place to maintain a healthy work environment for employees.
- Obtain, maintain and ensure compliance with County, State and Federal environmental related approvals, permits, plans, registrations and routine or periodic reporting related to air, EPCRA, waste water, etc. as well as coordinate the development, implementation and maintenance of environmental management systems necessary to ensure 3rd party certification to the ISO 14001-2004 Environmental Management System Standard and compliance with regulatory statutes.
- Develop, coordinate and ensure implementation of Plant security programs in accordance with Vitro and applicable Homeland Security requirements to provide for the security and safety needs of Vitro employees, customers, facilities, equipment, product, and confidential data.
- Oversee plant compliance with external safety, health and regulations through assessment and inspection, monitoring, compiling and analyzing relevant test data, meeting reporting and permit requirements of relevant agencies and working closely with plant personnel to identify problems and develop solutions that ensure plant regulatory compliance.
- Continue to improve job-related competence through experience and education to be the technical resource to the plant on all matters of safety & health, Workers Compensation and environmental requirements in an ever-changing regulatory environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor of Science in Safety or a related field is required, along with a minimum of five years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- The incumbent must have the ability to analyze and interpret accident data to help determine creative solutions to reduce frequency and severity of injuries
- A high personal interest and aptitude for health, safety, security and the environmental aspects of the business, along with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) due to frequent interactions with all levels of plant and corporate personnel, suppliers, contractors and area persons involved in health, safety, security and environmental responsibilities.
- Good listening skills, be self-motivated, and be able to work either independently or as part of a problem-solving team.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of products including Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook.
*The work environment is an industrial setting in a manufacturing plant and requires travelling approximately 5% of the time.