Felsburg Holt & Ullevig is a multidisciplinary transportation consulting firm committed to the betterment of our communities with the purpose of enhancing and connecting our communities through innovation and collaboration. Our employees thrive in a working atmosphere that is collaborative and focused on practicing our profession.Summary
Felsburg Holt & Ullevig (FHU) is seeking a self-starting entry to mid-level environmental scientist with at least five (5) years of experience. FHU has established our environmental practice around pragmatic solutions to our clients' needs and are looking for a seasoned professional that will fit with our company culture. If you are looking to contribute to and share our FHU's core values of Honesty & Integrity, Excellence, Individual Respect, Work & Grow Together, Client Success, and Greater Good, then we would love to hear from you.Essential duties and responsibilities
include the following:
- Will be looked to as a technical resource in your field of expertise, which must generally pertain to noise and air quality assessment.
- Participates in business development activities and takes opportunities to market to internal and external clients.
- Participates in the planning, estimation, and preparations of proposals, as well as other competitive project pursuit elements, such as client interviews.
- Works with CDOT, local agencies, and resource agencies primarily in support of transportation projects.
- Works on and manages a range of projects, including small to mid-sized transportation projects, noise and air quality tasks, and/or larger multi-disciplinary projects.
- Responsible for noise and air quality data collection, technical analyses, and written documentation.
- Responsible for job specific quality system tasks, as defined in the FHU quality manual.
Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Salary Range: $65,000-$85,000 AnnualRequirements
Highly desirable areas of expertise include:
The ideal candidate will have significant experience with CDOT and FHWA, and local municipalities, and project experience in one or more of the following is preferred:
- CDOT 2020 Noise Analysis and Abatement Guidelines, FHWA Traffic Noise Model (TNM) 3.0, CDOT 2019 Air Quality Project - Level Analysis Guidance, CAL3QHC, MOVES.
- NEPA studies, documentation, and reviews; environmental studies and permitting for the transportation industry.
- Must be comfortable working and coordinating with a multidisciplinary team that may include ecologists, geologists, design engineers, right of way agents, surveyors, archaeologists, historians, and planners, among others.
FHU provides the following general services to a broad listing of private and public clients: air quality and noise assessments, NEPA studies, and permitting and compliance.Qualifications:
- Proven ability to effectively communicate through excellent technical writing skills and presentation of technical work to senior scientists, management, and external peers and clients.
- Demonstrated success in establishing strong client relationships, business development, and proposal preparation.
- Excellent technical interpersonal skills, and problem solving skills. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to represent the firm effectively to clients, key public officials, and the community in general.
- Bachelor's degree in field(s) of practice. Graduate degree preferred.
- Five years of experience in project production and technical professional activities.
At FHU we seek to provide a benefits package that helps our team maintain a healthy work-life balance - a concept that is a guiding principle for us. Employees enjoy benefits including:
- Medical/RX, HSA, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability; all of which FHU contributes a significant portion towards or, for some plans, covers 100% of the premiums
- Generous Vacation and Sick leave programs
- 401(k) with employer match
- Adoption Assistance program
- Flexible schedules & Remote works options
- Professional and career development opportunities including tuition reimbursement for continuing education.
- Support of employee participation in professional and technical societies & various civic organizations.
- Reimbursement of professional certification and registration fees.
FHU Employees are encouraged to participate in a variety of internal committees which include groups such as the Technology Committee, CAD Committee, FHUlanthropy Committee and the FHUn Committee, which plans multiple events that keep energy (and bragging rights) high and helps us remain a tight-knit team. We also enjoy many opportunities to socialize at various FHU sponsored events throughout the year.