Responsibilities: This position is responsible for compliance with all current and future Federal, State, and local Environmental Regulatory requirements. Environmental areas of concern are air, storm water, waste water, recycling, hazardous waste, solid waste, bio-solid land application, and chemical compliance.
Areas of responsibility of this associate include, but are not limited to, all pretreatment waste water operations or land application, and air emissions sources.
The environmental manager will be expected to champion all opportunities that will reduce the facilities carbon foot-print. This will include the development and implementation of sustainable waste recycling programs. It will also include the establishment and implementation of activities that will reduce this facilitys consumption of natural gas, diesel fuel, electricity, compressed air, steam and water.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Ensures compliance with: Waste water operation, air quality compliance, bio solids program, hazardous waste, recycling, solid waste, potable water and oil handling programs for the designated plant operations
* May supervise and manage general associates including hiring, training and developing associates to ensure production requirements, environmental regulation, and carbon foot print reduction goals are met at the lowest cost.
* Provides timely, accurate and consistent reports to internal and external customers. These may include safety, production, human resources, administrative and the regulatory community. Practices good community and public education and relations.
* Orders all parts, supplies, chemicals etc. required by the department and monitor all activities related to the wastewater department.
* Controls cost and assets to manage within established goals.
* Shares dotted-line responsibility to the Director, Environment Services.
* Provides notification of activities, spill releases and non-compliance in a timely manner. May conduct (2) environmental audits of other facilities per year.
* Adheres to all safety requirements including PPE, preventing and reporting unsafe acts and conditions. Lockout Tag Out procedure and process safety management related matters.
* Attends and holds regular meetings to communicate and inform subordinates and management on department and plant activities and safety items.
Requirements: Bachelors degree in Engineering, Environmental Science or Biological Science plus 5 - 6 years related work experience. Must possess strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively communicate with others in verbal and written form. Waste water license strongly preferred. Must have knowledge of federal, state and local environmental regulations. Requires occasional travel to remote facilities and/or offices for meetings.