With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL's therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!Job DescriptionJob Summary:
This position responsible for performing antigen construct generation, mRNA synthesis and characterization with molecular biology and cell biology assays. Major Accountabilities:Antigen construct generation, mRNA production, and molecular biology assays.
Documentation and presentation of scientific results.
- Design and perform antigen production constructs
- Develop and perform in vitro of mRNA synthesis
- Support molecular assay development, such as qPCR and ddPCR.
- Support cell-based assay testing.
- Write experimental protocols and prepare internal reports. Maintain lab notebooks.
- Collaborate with project teams, present research results and contribute to technical advancements and publications.
Other job duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Maintain functional laboratory equipment and keep up with ordering and lab organizing.
- Support other functions and other divisions when needed.
- Bachelor or Master degree in molecular biology or related fields
- Minimum of 3 years of academic or pharmaceutical/biotech experience in virology, molecular biology or other related fields.
- Strong experience in molecular biology, including cloning, sequence analysis, DNA/RNA quantification and manipulation methods such as qPCR.
- Strong experience in in vitro transcription, RNA purification, and other areas of RNA biology.
- Previous proved experience in execution of independent projects with minimum supervision.
- Creative and the ability to generate accurate and reproducible results along with multi-tasking and working effectively in a fast-paced environment are critical.
- Organizational, written and oral communication skills and ability to work in teams is required.