EnviroMed Services, Inc. Description Environmental Engineers, Geologists and Scientists
Full time positions available for Environmental Engineers, Geologists and Scientists. Preferred experience includes preparing remedial action plans, remediation design documents, and technical specifications. Environmental tasks include Phase I, II and III environmental site assessments, groundwater monitoring, quarterly and annual reports and spill prevention plans. Experience with computer graphing programs including CADD software and knowledge of Grapher and Surfer software a plus. Experience performing soil and groundwater sampling, drilling oversight and geologic logging; soil vapor sampling and coordination with subcontractors and clients for site access. Experience with construction safety, emergency response and reporting as well as knowledge of hazardous waste storage and disposal requirements. Experience completing field sampling reports, preparing cost estimates and attending meetings with architects, engineers, construction managers, and contractors.
Prior experience providing oversight of infrastructure lead paint blasting operations for bridges and highways as well as performing environmental oversight of over-water construction operations. Experience with enforcing SWPP stormwater prevention plans as well as evaluation of construction site turbidity and erosion control systems also a plus. Experience performing forensic examinations and assessments of buildings including asbestos inspections, lead paint inspections and indoor air quality including mold, bioaerosols and particulates a plus Requirements
BS /MS Degree or degree candidate in environmental engineering, civil engineering, environmental science, geology, hydrogeology, industrial hygiene or safety required.
Training, licensure and work experience including HazWoper 40 hours, OSHA 30 hour, OSHA 10 hour training, performing environmental assessments and field soil sampling required. Prior experience working with Professional Engineers (P.E.) to prepare site assessment reports including Phase I, Phase II, and Phase III environmental assessments as well as SPDES and SWPP reports.
Supervisor/competent person training for deleading of industrial structures (SSPC) C-3/C-5 certification and EPA Method 9 Visible Emissions certification.
Completed coursework in construction safety and industrial hygiene sampling a plus. Knowledge of OSHA construction and general industry regulations and prior field experience in performing environmental and safety audits, asbestos, and lead inspections, indoor air quality assessments, and OSHA air monitoring a plus.
Experience providing environmental and safety training including awareness level for construction safety topics including a wide range of OSHA mandated safety training programs. Experience performing environmental and OSHA lead air sampling and asbestos microscopy including PLM bulk analysis and PCM fiber counting analysis, and general laboratory experience also a plus.
Specific licensure also desirable includes current State of New York Asbestos Inspector License, State of New York Asbestos Management Planner License, State of New York Asbestos Project Monitor License, State of New York Lead Inspector/Risk Assessor License and State of New York asbestos and lead design licensure.
Salary commensurate with experience Email resumes to Lawrence J. Cannon, President at: email@example.com About Us:
EnviroMed Services, Inc. specializes in the most recent scientific investigations, evaluations and maintenance of a safe environment for our clients. EnviroMed is a nationally recognized leader in the area of Environmental Engineering, Industrial Hygiene and Environmental Health and Safety Assessment with extensive experience in Connecticut, New York State, New York City, and New Jersey Metropolitan areas, as well as throughout the United States.
Established in 1986, EnviroMed Services focuses on environmental engineering and testing as well as Occupational Health and Safety solutions that have allowed us to contribute as a partner to our clients' success. Today, we still maintain the philosophy that has carried us through from the beginning: Our clients' needs and goals are always our top priority. We provide sound technical advice, tailored to the specific needs of our clients, accomplishing whatever environmental support that is necessary to assist them to improve their core business. Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Job Requirements:
- Ensure compliance with environmental regulations
- Create and maintain environmental waste
- Maintaining environmental reporting and recordkeeping along with environmental plant compliance
- Approve all environmental remediation activities
- Review technical environmental regulatory documents
- Meet environmental expectations and improve environmental performance metrics
- Perform safety and environmental audits
- Insure compliance with environmental regulations (air, water, waste)
- Assure that all environmental permits
- Assist with environmental permitting and compliance requirements
- Create and maintain environmental waste profiles
- Ensure compliance with all environmental requirements
- Ensure plant compliance with environmental and chemical safety regulations
- Obtaining and maintaining environmental permits
- Coordinate review of environmental permit applications
- Supporting the environmental management system
- Conduct environmental monitoring of employees
- Prepare environmental permit applications (air, water, and solid waste)
- Communicate activities with environmental compliance program personnel
- Lead all environmental compliances initiatives (hazardous waste, air emissions, water)