PHASE II ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNICIAN
ENVIRONMENTAL OPERATIONS, INC.
Environmental Operations, Inc. (EOI) is seeking an experienced, highly motivated, and ambitious individual to serve as Phase II Environmental Technician. EOI is a regional, growth-oriented firm providing turnkey consulting and contracting services in the environmental remediation, abatement, and demolition fields. Headquartered in downtown St. Louis, Missouri, our primary market focus is in Missouri, Illinois, and the surrounding Midwest Region. Our services include:
· Environmental engineering and consulting
· Industrial hygiene, compliance, and safety consulting services
· Asbestos, lead, and mold assessment and abatement oversight
· Soil, soil vapor, and groundwater investigation and remediation
· Building abatement and demolition
· Brownfields investigation, remediation, and redevelopment services
· Environmental risk transfer and assumption
EOI offers full benefits, including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and 401k.
Entry level (0-2 years experience) environmental technician for environmental site investigations and remediation projects. Collects soil, groundwater, soil and sub-slab vapor samples, or other potentially contaminated media for analysis. Use various field sampling instruments and equipment, including surveying equipment, photoionization detector (PID), and water-quality meters. This role is primarily located in the field (75-85%), with limited time in the office setting.
This role requires knowledge of Microsoft Office, and some experience with gINT, GIS, and CADD systems, to help document sampling information and analytical results for interpretation by Project Managers. Prepares supporting documentation for reports, including descriptions of field activities, observations, data tables, boring logs, well construction diagrams and site drawings (in support of drafting personnel). Oversees and documents subcontractor activity in the field.
· Participates in field investigations to obtain data for use in determining the location and concentrations of contaminants in soil, groundwater, soil vapor and other media.
· Prepares supporting documentation for reports.
· Tabulates laboratory and field data for presentation in reports.
· Provides support to experienced Technicians and Project Managers in completion of site investigations and remediation projects.
· Completes and maintains field logs precisely and accurately documenting field activities, data, and observations.
· Works with subcontractors in the field to coordinate execution of work.
· Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Geology, or engineering field. (preferred but not required)
· 40 HR HAZWOPER Training/Certification
· Basic math skills.
· Basic computer skills, including proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet applications; knowledge in CADD and gINT preferred.
· Ability to adapt to outside working conditions; weather and temperature
· Flexible work schedule subject to project scope
· Ability to travel and potentially work off-hours required
· Valid Driver's License.
· Capable of carrying 50lbs of equipment across rough terrain.
· Capable of working outdoors year-round.
· Exposure to the physical and natural elements in field work.
· Environments with potential chemical pollutants in air, water, and soil.
· Is thoroughly familiar with applicable Corporate Safety Standards, site specific safety plans, and work plans.
· Enforces site safety plans for EOI and subcontractor personnel on the job site.
· Receives cross-training as necessary or as opportunities arise in other technical fields, i.e., asbestos abatement oversight, remediation oversight, and construction observation and testing.
· Available to travel out of town for extended periods of time.
· Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Company DescriptionEnvironmental Operations, Inc. ("EOI") is a turn-key environmental consulting firm. We work with various industries across the country including Real Estate, Finance, Strategic Development, Institutional, Healthcare, Industrial, Municipal, and Utility. Our office is located in St. Louis, MO with a satellite location in Elmhurst, IL and Indianapolis, IN.