Environmental Health & Safety ManagerWho YOU are:
Self-driven and reliable
Strong leader that enjoys mentoring others
Innovator that can build on new processes If this is you, it's time to learn more about us, LGC Biosearch Technologies. We make a difference in the world and we are looking for an Environmental Health & Safety professional who wants to be part of something bigger than themselves.
we are passionate about science - our colleagues work to make research move faster, and diagnosis to be more accurate with quality and consistency. We provide our teams with an environment where they can progress their scientific knowledge and interest, nurture their passion for scientific discoveries and develop in their role.Position Purpose:
Manages the implementation of the Safety, Environmental and Emergency Management plans at the facility level; establishes safety and health goals in collaboration with the site leadership team; develops & implements controls to minimize safety and occupational health hazards; carries out leadership strategies and support for system-wide Environmental, Health and Safety initiatives; monitors program sustainment and provides oversight for operational improvement.QUALIFICATIONS:
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- BA/BS in Environmental Science/Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, Safety, or other related fields
- Minimum eight years industry experience in a chemical manufacturing setting.
- Five years' experience in occupational health / safety / environmental position in an industrial environment.
- Ability to effectively manage your time and projects and to meet deadlines reliably
- Demonstrated ability to interact with multiple levels of the facility and with outside agencies
- Must have a proven record of accomplishment of problem-solving skills and developing solutions to produce deliverables and meet timelines.
Essential competencies and behaviors
- Provide leadership in developing, implementing, and managing EH&S policies, programs and practices.
- Lead development and implementation of Process Safety program (OSHA PSM) in collaboration with site leadership team.
- Works in partnership with local site leaders and outside agencies to implement strategies, policies, and services to increase employee safety & reduce organization risks.
- Be a safety leader out on the production floor as well as in the front office to ensure all employees know, understand and execute safe work practices.
- Plans and implements procedures, programs, and files regulatory reports in compliance with the local, state, and federal agencies.
- Be familiar with or be willing to quickly learn; California permitting and regulatory requirements in the areas of Storm Water, Wastewater, Air Quality, Hazardous Waste, etc.
- Supervise and manage EHS staff, assigning, and directing work; evaluating employee performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; promoting safety, teamwork; resolving conflicts.
- Plans and implements programs to train supervisors and employees to meet standards and to enhance the company safety culture and employee engagement.
- Inspects organization facilities (safety audits) to detect existing or potential incident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
Resonate and operates in line with LGC's core value behaviors: Passion, Curiosity, Integrity, Brilliance, and Respect.