Locus Agricultural Solutions (Locus AG) is an agtech B Corp that is working to solve the interrelated challenges of climate change and food insecurity. Its innovative and award-winning microbial soil probiotics and CarbonNOW program give farmers a new way to boost yields, income and carbon sequestration while reducing their costs and environmental impact. Locus AG gets its core scientific capabilities from its parent company, Locus Fermentation Solutions (Locus FS), an Ohio-based green technology company.
We are seeking an entry-level laboratory professional to be responsible for various microbiology lab procedures within our production department. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a laboratory setting and a familiarity with microbiology techniques including streaking, plating, CFU counts, cell identification, and media preparation. We're happy to train these techniques, so long as you have a great attitude and willingness to build on your existing scientific knowledge!Responsibilities:
- Prepare upstream materials for both bacterial and fungal fermentation production.
- Utilize aseptic techniques at all times when handling production cultures.
- Prepare solid substrate fermentation materials.
- Collect and turnover culture samples to quality control for testing.
- Actively participate in production meetings by voicing concerns, recommendations for process improvements and providing production updates.
- Maintain accurate batch records and other documentation as required.
- Utilize good laboratory practices and perform lab procedures in accordance with the SOPs.
- Bachelors degree in biology, microbiology or related scientific field required.
- Entry level experience in a laboratory setting required.
- Familiarly with microbiology techniques preferred.
- Company pays majority of Medical, Dental, Vision coverages
- Short Term Disability and Life coverage
- Free Mental Health Counseling for you and your family
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Match
- 16 Paid Days Off
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Continuing Education Assistance
- Wellness Incentives
For more information on our Company, visit our website at locusag.com!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.