ADRx is a privately funded preclinical stage biotechnology company located in Thousand Oaks, California. The ADRx team has developed ADvantage - a novel drug discovery technology platform that integrates our deep understanding of protein structure, aggregation, and function. ADRx is leveraging the ADvantage technology to develop novel therapeutics in neurodegenerative diseases and cancer by targeting amyloid and biomolecular condensation.
ADRx is seeking an outstanding scientist to join our research team in an effort to discover therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases and cancer. The successful candidate will have a primary responsibility in exploring and validating the mechanism of action of drug candidates. This position requires a strong expertise in developing and executing cell-based assays. The successful candidate will be a strong individual contributor and a team player in a vibrant startup culture.
The duties of the job include experimental design and execution, data analysis and interpretation, & problem solving. Strong verbal and written skills are required to regularly share scientific findings with the team. The candidate will identify and connect with contract research organizations for appropriate external resources. The candidate will have an essential role in generating key datasets that validate and advance clinical drug candidates.
A flexible attitude and approach to work and a sense of fascination about science are key attributes in this start-up company.
Responsibilities Include (but Are Not Limited To)
* Design and develop cell-based assays and scale up for high-throughput assays
* Experienced in diverse molecular biology techniques including CRISPR, RT-PCR, siRNA, and viral vectors as well as in analyses using immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry, western blot, and ELISA techniques
* Maintain cell culture stocks and research facility equipments
* Comfortable working independently and within a multidisciplinary team
* Maintain a detailed record keeping of experiments
* Supervise junior staff members
* Doctorate degree in cell and molecular biology or related discipline, with 5+ years of additional relevant scientific experience OR 3+ years in industry
* Master's degree & 7+ years of additional relevant scientific experience or 5+ years in industry
* Evidence of independent scientific ability (e.g., post-doctoral training) with excellent track record of scientific contribution (publications and/or research accomplishments)
* Exceptional skills in cell biology and cellular model development (neuroscience, oncology and/or cardiac disorders)
* Relevant experience in amyloid, aggregation, liquid-liquid phase separation, and/or biomolecular condensation
* Experience in the use of animal models of disease in drug testing is an advantage
* Knowledge of large and small molecule drug development
* Experience in leading and managing associates, technicians, and/or scientists
* Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
ADRx is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.