Job DescriptionYoh Scientific
is currently seeking a Environmental Health & Safety Specialist (EHS, Pharma, Biotech, Med. Device)
for one of our top manufacturing clients located in SSF, California.
This Company is a consistent leader in its field and is well known their services. This is an advancement opportunity and all local candidates,
who meet the qualifications below, are encouraged to apply
:Environmental Health & Safety Specialist (EHS, Pharma, Biotech, Med. Device)
- This position is a key part of EHS program. EHS plays an essential role in protecting the company's right to operate and serving as a steward for the company culture embracing prevention and problem solving to reduce risks and protect our people, environment and pipeline on our SSF campus and network of places, including field based employees. Compliance is a shared responsibility with the business.
- This position will work closely with EHS program managers, business partners and clients to assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of a variety of EHS programs, projects and initiatives. These efforts are intended to balance protection against risk with the need to deliver with speed and add value to the business.
- Under general oversight and direction this individual will use their independent analysis skills and judgment to deliver in support of EHS activities which may include:
- Inspections and assessments
- Program audits
- Training development and delivery
- Metrics tracking and reporting
- Assisting others to conduct incident investigations
- Developing corrective/preventive action plans with clients
- The ideal candidate will have experience in the practical application of multi-disciplinary EHS programs, work with a high sense of urgency, possess excellent communication and teamwork skills and be resourceful and eager to develop.
- Executes tasks in support of EHS programs with general direction and guidance from the EHS AD or EHS supervisor, program managers and business partners. The work may include: inspections, assessments, program audits, incident investigations, data reporting, monitoring and report submissions.
- Supports daily EHS client needs alongside program managers and business partners, including: responding to inquiries from clients, participating in meetings and assisting with incident investigations and corrective & preventive actions (CAPAs).
- Conducts EHS program compliance assurance audits, including data collection, employee interviews and area walkthroughs.
- Supports EHS program managers and business partners in their effort to proactively identify opportunities and solutions to improve EHS programs.
- Assists with the development and delivery of EHS training. Works with EHS program managers to improve training materials and effectiveness.
- Participates in some regulatory inspections and internal/external audits. Maintains applicable safety and environmental permits and permit conditions.
- Supports engagement and communications with clients and EHS staff regarding EHS activities and performance.
- Responds to client inquiries and requests with a high sense of urgency.
- Assists with project prioritization and promotion of a proactive EHS culture, leveraging knowledge built of EHS business processes.
- Participates and supports business process improvement activity as a team member, contributing to a proactive EHS culture. Identifies opportunities from challenges. Champions EHS with key stakeholders.
- Serves as needed as a Safety Officer during disaster/emergency response and recovery efforts. May also be required to serve as EHS Advisor (technical expert) for the emergency response team during company-related emergencies.
- Competencies Identified for Success:
- Experience with practical application of safety, environmental (i.e., OSHA, EPA, DOT, NIOSH, etc.) and other regulatory requirements applicable to GMP and non-GMP environments.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment and makes sound EHS decisions with some oversight and direction.
- Effective communicator in both verbal and written formats; comfortable with leading meetings, delivering training and developing written communications.
- Responsive to client and other stakeholder inquiries and requests with a high sense of urgency.
- Proactive in their approach to finding opportunities and solutions for EHS program implementation and improvement.
- Demonstrates the ability to support multiple program managers and business partners simultaneously, while staying organized and focused.
- Highly effective team player and collaborator. Strong comfort working in a matrix environment and leveraging expertise across functions. This may include participating in agile teams focused on creating value for the business.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS, (Minimum requirements)
What's In It For You?
- BA or BS in Occupational Safety, Environmental/Health Sciences or related field, or equivalent
- Minimum of 2-7 years of EHS experience, in Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Medical Device or similar
- Knowledgeable in applicable Cal OSHA, EPA, DOT regulations as well as ANSI and NFPA standards.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
We welcome you to be a part of one of the largest global staffing companies to meet your career aspirations. Yoh's network of client companies has been employing professionals like you for over 65 years in the U.S., UK and Canada. Join Yoh's extensive talent community that will provide you with access to Yoh's vast network of opportunities and gain access to this exclusive opportunity available to you.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401K Retirement Saving Plan
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Direct Deposit & weekly ePayroll
- Employee Discount Programs
- Referral Bonus Programs
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here!
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Visit https://www.yoh.com/applicants-with-disabilities to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.Company DescriptionInvestment Management Company