The Health, Safety & Environmental Coordinator is responsible for implementation of the environmental health & safety program at select JBT North American sites. The HS&E Coordinator works closely with the Manufacturing, Quality, and Engineering teams to identify hazards associated with production and maintenance, develop, and implement risk mitigation measures, and institute industry best practices to instill a zero-accident culture within JBT. This position works collaboratively with several sites to maintain a consistent safety presence and monitor activities for regulatory and company policy compliance. This position reports directly to the Protein North America HSE Manager Responsibilities Essential Duties:
- Work with leadership and site personnel to monitor, maintain and enforce safety programs and policies. Maintain standard safety supplies and standard environmental supplies.
- Provide guidance to ensure compliance with established policies and Environmental, Health and Safety regulations; this includes training, record keeping, permits, policy and procedures.
- Perform risk assessments of shop floor and field services practices at regular intervals and for each project.
- Develop accident prevention and loss control methods, procedures and programs.
- Ensure regulation compliance - compliance with Federal, State, Local and Corporate requirements relating to training, recordkeeping, permits, reports, policy and procedures and other related compliance issues.
- Coordinate inspections and tours of facilities to detect existing or potential accident, fire and health hazards; and recommend corrective and/or preventative actions.
- Responsible for the safety training and compliance of all on site and off site employees in three U.S. business units. Conduct employee training programs in accident and fire prevention and protection, and other employee safety programs as needed.
- Ensure environmental compliance - compliance with Federal, State, Local and Corporate requirements relating to record keeping, permits, reports, training and other related concerns (Technical Environmental Contact).
- Manage hazardous waste disposal, tracking, and reporting.
- Direct security management to ensure employee safety and protection of company property.
- Manage all related medical - first aid and case management (Workers' Comp.) and industrial hygiene activities.
- Investigate accidents and injuries. Prepare legally required reports and any regular or special reports for use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Attend hearings as required.
- Interface with Corporate staff and assist in safety and environmental audits as required.
- May serve as the liaison with local fire departments, area hospitals, and other agencies regarding employee safety and health.
- BS Degree in a related field; preferably Industrial Engineering or Safety/Environmental Management.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory regulations (OSHA, EPA, and Corporate compliance requirements).
- Ability to interpret and implement industrial safety standards.
- Ablility to adhere to JBT and ISO9001 standards, follow JBT safety guidelines and requirements, and wear required PPE at all times.
- Ability to interpret electrical and mechanical drawings, specifications and the NEC.
- Demonstrated emergency response skills. Medical (first-aid) equipment and Industrial Hygiene equipment knowledge.
- Ability to safely work with all equipment, machines, and tools required for job completion. Ability to use test equipment, computers and MS software i.e. MS Word, Excel.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Must be willing to work in various work environments, schedules and overtime.
- Must have adequate visual acuity with or without the use of corrective lenses.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess work accuracy and good organizational skills.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Background check and drug-screen are required.
Three to Five years in an HSE position in a manufacturing environment.Supervisory Responsibility:
Responsible for adherence to Corporate and business units' safety budget.Work Environment:
Works in office environment approximately 40% of the time. Uses standard office equipment, related medical equipment, and industrial hygiene equipment. Works in production environment 60% of the time; involving exposure to moderate noise levels and all shop machinery. Job requires exposure to hazardous waste, blood borne pathogens, and violence.
High stress position which requires regular monthly travel.
Ability to work 10 hours per day and weekends as required.Physical Demands:
Position requires walking, bending, climbing, stooping and moderate lifting daily.
Must be comfortable traveling to and working in manufacturing and field service enviorments.
Able to lift 50#
This job description is a summary of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisor, regardless of job title or routine job duties.AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org
You may also call Susan Cotton at 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.