Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It?s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It?s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It?s the aim of our ?returnship? program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it?s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers? problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We?ve been recognized by Forbes as a World?s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk?s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Wood Mackenzie is a trusted advisor to the natural resources sector. As a key member of our Downstream consulting team, you will manage the delivery of strategic, commercial, and operational consulting projects in all areas of the global energy sector, with a strong focus on crude & products, refining, and the Energy Transition. Our practice does significant work with buy-side funds, operators, and financial services clients evaluating investment opportunities and reviewing asset portfolios. We have been in the middle of recent industry trends such as crude export projects, refinery transactions, and carbon credit markets.
The position requires an analytical mindset with the ability to apply your knowledge and experience of the energy markets to a broad range of consulting projects and client situations. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required in both internal and client-facing environments. The role demands outstanding project planning and management capabilities as well as strong team development and coaching skills.
While the principal focus of the role is the Americas markets, the job holder may be involved in projects spanning other regions of the world. The successful candidate can thus expect a reasonable degree of national and international travel (subject to the pandemic developments and when it is safe to do so).
* As a Principal Consultant at Wood Mackenzie you will lead our consulting projects and business development efforts:
* Understand the global and regional energy market dynamics, being able to effectively discuss recent events and implications with clients and colleagues
* Lead client engagements, drawing from Wood Makenzie?s subject matter experts, research, and analytical tools, to answer our clients? most strategic questions
* Drive the delivery of engagements by creating detailed project plans, managing work to deliver projects on time and budget, and serving as the main point of contact with clients during project delivery
* Lead project teams through a structured problem-solving approach, identifying the key client questions and issues to be addressed and build an analytical engagement structure to solve the defined problem
* Lead the project teams also to develop a convincing and client-relevant story line and convert the results into specific and actionable insights that are communicated via high quality documents (typically presentations and vertical documents) and in direct client presentations typically at senior client level
* Build and maintain a high level of client interactions across the region, developing strong relationships with key clients to build a robust, repeatable, profitable consulting business
* Supporting the translation of open-ended inquiries into formal project proposal, effectively identifying the ideal project methodology, properly scoping the associated work (identifying relevant workstreams and resources required to complete), and putting forward a high-level work-plan and appropriate pricing
* Train, coach and mentor junior consultants, providing functional guidance, content expertise and career development
* Generate innovative ideas and approaches to industry issues and participate in new offering development
Knowledge & Experience Required
* Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline such as business, economics, finance, statistics, or engineering; master's and/or MBA preferred
* Previous experience (7+ years) in an energy-focused consulting role, investment banking, market analysis, or strategic planning role in the oil & gas industry, preferably with exposure to crude markets, refined products, or refining
* Proven track record and experience in directing, managing and executing consulting engagements or project teams
* Strong understanding of the downstream value chain (such as: crude marketing/procurement, refining, demand forecasting, infrastructure)
* Interest in the Energy Transition?s implications for the downstream sector
* Exposure to developing client proposals from understanding / recognizing clients? key questions and assist team with completing the proposal
* Experience of building and maintaining relationships with clients
* Strong understanding of operations, business models and strategies
* Track record of quickly becoming knowledgeable and speaking credibly about a wide range of subjects and themes
* Fluency in English is mandatory; Spanish or other languages a plus
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice