Who we are:
Antheia is a science and technology company developing next generation plant-inspired medicines. Applying synthetic biology, genomics, informatics, and fermentation, we harness the most beneficial molecules from plants to create active pharmaceutical ingredients in more controlled and economical ways. We are a close-knit team inspired by the possibilities of delivering transformative technologies and breakthrough science to change the course of medicine. We value our people as our most important resource and are always looking for talented individuals who can make valuable contributions to our efforts.
Antheia is seeking a motivated and experienced Research Associate to join its Molecular Biology team. The purpose of this position is to engineer and optimize yeast to produce valuable plant natural products for the pharmaceutical industry. The successful candidate will be part of an interdisciplinary, dynamic and enthusiastic team and must demonstrate flexibility, creativity and initiative. The candidate should have a strong desire and ability to learn and contribute as both a leader and team player within a cross-functional project team.
* DNA design and construction
* Yeast DNA transformation, strain verification, and testing
* Developing independent hypotheses, experimental strategy, and strain designs
* Optimization of growth and production conditions in microtiter plates
* Analyze data, document results, develop SOPs, prepare presentations and written reports, and communicate ideas and results clearly
* Perform other duties as assigned
* B.S. or M.S. degree in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, chemical engineering or a related field
* 2+ years of relevant laboratory experience conducting research with engineered microbes is preferred. Level will be determined based on experience.
* Proficiency with Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering methods including CRISPR, PCR, primer design, genomic DNA/plasmid DNA isolation, gel electrophoresis, restriction digest, cloning, DNA sequencing, and strain verification by PCR analysis
* Familiar with techniques used for DNA construction and assembly, DNA transformation into E.coli and S. cerevisiae
* Experience with culturing microbial organisms in microtiter plates and shake flasks
* Experience with protein engineering is a plus