Scipher Medicine is developing an exciting portfolio of personalized medicine solutions in complex diseases. Most patients who are prescribed blockbuster therapies today don't respond to the treatment. Scipher's platform identifies which drug will work based on the patient's fundamental disease biology, and not based on symptoms, disease classification, or medical bias. A simple test predicts which drug he/she will respond to, ensuring that most optimal treatment is prescribed from day one. The molecular data generated by our tests is then used to fuel novel target discovery to address a clear unmet medical need in patients who do not respond to any existing therapy.
This Scientist will contribute expert biological insights to the technical team and analyze internal and external research pertaining to the molecular mechanisms of disease. The work requires a strong background in biomedical sciences, with the ability to integrate multi-omics data and generate insights into molecular mechanisms.
What will I do?
* Conduct and assist in research efforts to develop novel products that help treat autoimmune diseases
* Apply knowledge of human biology, cell biology and immunology across multiple disease areas quickly and creatively, using heterogeneous resources
* Generate biological insights and develop hypotheses to understand molecular mechanisms of disease and drive product development
* Develop strategies and solutions to gain biological pathway insights into and across various disease areas
* Prepare and deliver scientific presentations for internal and external use
* Maintain knowledge of latest scientific and technology advancements in field
* Contribute to high-quality documents and scientific publications
* Provide regular updates to the technical team
* Solve complex problems with strong biological intuition and an application-oriented mindset
Minimum Education and Qualifications
* PhD in Biology, Cell, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or relevant fields
* 2+ years of relevant postdoctoral experience in a research or industry setting
* Experience with multidisciplinary teams working on basic research and clinical questions
* Familiarity with immunology or autoimmunity is a plus
* Strong communication skills in a collaborative environment