TekWissen Group is a workforce management provider throughout the USA and many other countries in the world. The below job opportunity is with one of our Biotech clients that researches, develops and commercializes drugs. The company focuses primarily on antiviral drugs used in the treatment of HIV, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, and influenza, including Harvoni and Sovaldi.
* The Inflammation Department at client is seeking a highly motivated and talented Senior Research Associate with a strong cell biology background.
* The successful candidate will support research to discover and develop therapeutic agents for Rheumatoid Arthritis. In this role, the candidates' major responsibilities will be to:
* Independently execute tasks and support early discovery activities and project goals.
* Interpret experimental outcomes and present results in team meetings.
* Work on complex problems where the development and implementation of non-routine assays and analysis are required.
* Interface with cross-functional and cross-site subject matter experts, project teams, and external vendors to advance projects.
* Demonstrate strong time and task management skills.
* Knowledge and Skills: Direct experience in research drug discovery and target identification/validation.
* Core cell biology skills required, including mammalian and primary tissue culture, isolation of primary immune cells from blood/tissue, and development of subsequent functional assays.
* Proficiency in common laboratory techniques: ELISA, multi-color flow cytometry, qPCR, and Western blot.
* Preference given to individuals with experience in genetic/genomic manipulations (e.g., CRISPR and siRNA approaches).
* Familiarity with in vitro and in vivo model systems of inflammation is considered a plus.
* Strong motivation, attention to detail, with the ability to think independently and integrate into a high-achieving team environment.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Master's degree and 2-4 years of experience or Bachelor's degree and 4-6 years of experience in pharmaceutical sciences, cell biology, molecular biology in industry or academia.
* Detail-oriented with excellent record-keeping and organizational skills.
* Excellent communication skill (both verbal and technical) and interpersonal skills are required.
* Must be a flexible, results oriented, independent self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Tek Wissen® Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action Employer (m/f/d/v) supporting workforce diversity.