Veolia offers the most complete range of environmental solutions to meet the challenges of cities, governments, campuses, businesses and industries. Our network of talent and hands-on know-how is unique and unrivaled.
We help our customers address their environmental and sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste. That means improving our clients' energy efficiency, better managing their water and wastewater, and recovering resources from their wastes. We do this in a safe, cost-effective and innovative manner for more than 550 communities and more than 30,000 businesses, campuses and organizations throughout North America.
Our Gulf Coast branch provides services for our customers located in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Texas. Within the Gulf Coast branch, Veolia operates a hazardous waste incinerator in Port Arthur, TX, a service center in Baytown, TX and a service center in College Park, GA. The Gulf Coast branch offers the following services: Lab Chemical Services, On-Site Services, Transportation, Household Hazardous Waste, Reactive Chemicals, Remediation, Training Services, Specialty Services, Drum Management, Incineration, Fuels Blending, Recycling and Radioactive Waste Management.Job Summary:
Responsible for providing and administering environmental, health, and safety programs and related policies and procedures affecting the company's existing and/or proposed environmental health and safety issues. Acts in a liaison capacity with EH & S personnel regarding interpretation of all policies and procedures, pertaining to technical support and guidance on industrial hygiene, reactive and explosive, OHSA, substance abuse testing, accident prevention, etc. On an as-needed basis provides and assists in the training of emergency response techniques, safety management, risk assessment, etc. to maintain appropriate safety standards.Implement and administer programs pertaining to OSHA, medical surveillance, substance abuse testing to avoid potential liabilities and maintain a viable workforce at all Veolia facilities. Coordinate worker's compensation, accident, and injury management programs with facility health and safety personnel to determine adverse trends and develop meaningful productive standards resulting in cost effective operations. Implement industrial hygiene programs as well as modifying existing plans to meet the needs of the facility(s). Acts as chairperson on improvement teams pertaining to all environmental, health, and safety programs. Provides guidance to all levels of management regarding utilization of appropriate practices in conjunction with regulatory requirements and changes, if necessary. Provides training in environmental, OSHA, DOT, site remediation, reactive chemical operations, emergency response, etc. as needed or requested by the facility. Provides appropriate research and investigation to support the development of existing and/or potential new health and safety policies as determined by management or required by federal, state, or local governmental agencies. Administer computer programs required to support EH&S Department. (CMS, Tracer, Compliance Suite, HM DOT, etc.) Approximately 10% TravelQualifications
- Associates in a related field required
- 3 to 5 years in the hazardous waste industry or related work experience preferred.
- 3 years minimum in a problem-solving capacity
- "Hands-On" experience and technical knowledge of "plant-critical" industrial health and safety standards including, but not limited to, Process Safety Management, Confined Space Entry, Personal Protective Equipment, Fire Safety, Emergency Response, Control of Hazardous Energy, Medical Surveillance, Root cause analysis, and workplace chemical exposure assessments and exposure control methodologies.
- Familiarity with OSHA, RCRA, DOT, and other applicable regulations
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple deadlines
- Extensive knowledge in health and safety methodologies
- 40-hour HAZWOPER Certification
- DOT Hazardous Materials Certification
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.