Criterion Laboratories Inc. is seeking a new full-time analyst to join our quickly growing laboratory! The right candidate must be interpersonal, detail-oriented, have strong analytical skills, the ability to take initiative and work independently. Candidate shall be responsible for complying with ISO 17025, quality assurance and quality control requirements, identify the occurrence of departures from said quality system, analysis of samples, and maintain a clean and safe workplace environment. This is the perfect opportunity to realize your environmental analytical career with a long-established and well-respected company in the Philadelphia region.
The successful candidate(s) will be self-starters who can grow from the bench to supervisory and management positions. Chemistry analysis of various matrices uses Atomic Absorption, Induce-Coupled Plasma, GCMS, Total Organic Carbon, and XRF technologies. Microbiology analyses consist of various fungal and bacterial species via membrane filtration, air impaction, and enzyme substrate techniques. Criterion will provide necessary training.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Sample Management
· Preparation of environmental samples prior to analysis
· Cleaning and maintenance of lab equipment
· Analysis of environmental samples
· Communicate with supervisor and other lab personnel
· Prepare reagents and re-stock labs with supplies
· Maintaining equipment's cleaning and maintenance logs
· Accurately complete testing records and other required documentation
Experience / Education
· Bachelors' degree in Biological Sciences or other Science related field or equivalent experience. Advanced degree a plus
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
· Previous Laboratory experience with emphasis on microbiology and/or trace metals
· Ability to lead projects and adhere to client's strict turnaround times
· Proficient in Oral & Written communication skills
· Need to be able to read, write and understand English
· Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Criterion offers an excellent benefits package including paid medical (including dental, eyeglass and prescription), disability and life insurance; 401k with a company match (50% on the first 10%); and paid time off in the form of vacation in your first year, medical/parental leave, holidays and personal time.
**A background check is required after a conditional job offer is made.
Company DescriptionCriterion was founded in 1986 by Jim Weltz as a response to the sudden demand for expertise in asbestos services and to this day, Criterion has a continued with an industry leading position in all things asbestos related in addition to other concerns in the environmental and occupational health market. From facility inspection services, abatement design, monitoring and abatement compliance responsibility, Criterion maintains a variety of ways accommodate your needs. In addition to asbestos, Criterion also works on proactive indoor air quality surveys, industrial hygiene site assessments, mold, Legionella prevention, waster anesthetic gases, industrial and community noise standards, and other kinds of monitoring.