Description Job Description:
Leidos has an opening for an Environmental Technician at NASA Glenn Research Center in Sandusky, Ohio. The Environmental Technician will ensure proper management of hazardous materials, including the completion and review of waste profiles for RCRA regulated hazardous waste, universal wastes, used oils, and infectious waste; TSCA regulated asbestos containing materials and PCBs; sampling of environmental media for characterization; stormwater management, Underground Storage Tank inspections, spill response, review of property and equipment to be excessed for environmental and occupational hazards and DOT transportation services.
Must be available to work a flexible schedule and be on call. Must be able to pass a Public Trust background investigation. U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residence is required due to length of investigation required for non-U.S. persons. Additional support may include:
Required Education and Skills:
- Personnel training;
- Waste characterizations;
- Review and maintain shipping and disposal records;
- Completion of reports (weekly, monthly and annual);
- Property decontamination and remediation;
- Spill Response;
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Environmental Science, or 3-5 years experience.
- Ability to work under variable field conditions (weather, insects, and/or limited personnel and vehicle access).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular, Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, for presentations, reports, and other uses.
- Strong interpersonal skills as the position involves interfacing with client and on-site personnel.
- Currently possess, or have the ability to obtain, a Class C Commercial Driver's License with a HazMat Endorsement.
- Ability to perform continuous physical labor, including moving materials up to 50 pounds.
- Capable of evaluating problems as they arise, be aware of what is happening around you, and understand how your own actions could impact your Team's overall goals and objectives.
- Must be able to follow prescribed safety procedures at all times while performing various duties.
External Referral Bonus:
- OSHA 40 hr. HAZWOPER
- Prior experience working with hazardous materials, knowledge of RCRA disposal regulations, knowledge of DOT regulations, knowledge of BUSTR regulations.
- Experience operating lift equipment, such as forklifts, straight trucks with lift gates, pallet jacks and drum dollies.
IneligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 50% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Environmental EngPay Range: