Our Willamette Valley Region has an opening for a Harvest Manager. This position is based out of our Dallas, OR office and reports to the Mid-Coast Area Manager, with additional accountabilities to the Region Harvest Manager for harvesting activities in the area. This is a full-time, exempt position, with salary level dependent on skills and experience. Key Functions
The role is responsible for management of safety, environmental stewardship, quality, production, and costs associated with the contract harvesting operations. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the harvest plan execution in compliance with the regional and area harvesting strategy and the annual budget plan.
- Contract administration; negotiate, prepare, supervise, monitor for compliance, payment management.
- Developing and tracking budgets and key harvesting metrics.
- Ensure quality specifications for raw material at all customer markets and how log characteristics affect delivered raw material and standing timber values.
- Assist with forest engineering activities around planning and field implementation of road layout, road construction, road maintenance, cable/ground-logging systems, and harvest unit layout.
- Forecasting harvesting projects and expenditures.
- Advocate, model and inspect for safe work practices.
- Act as company representative with landowners, government agencies, and community representatives.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal safety statues, environmental requirements and Weyerhaeuser resource and stewardship goals.
- Collaborate with others on the area and region teams to ensure alignment with goals and objectives.
We believe trees are a remarkable resource that can and should be managed responsibly to make a range of products that meet human needs, while also providing recreation, wildlife habitat, and other important ecosystem benefits. For more than a century, we've been taking care of forests to make life better.
- Bachelors degree (or higher) in Forestry or related field OR an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Preference: Bachelors degree or (higher) + at least 5 years working experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the logging industry.
- Willingness to abide by established safety standards.
- Knowledge of state and federal wildlife, water, and Oregon forest practice rules/statutes.
- Team building, communication, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers and related software applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Geographical Information Systems.
- Ability to develop, prioritize, plan, implement and manage activities to meet targets and deadlines with occasional extended work periods and weekend work.
- Experience in project management and contract administration.
- Willing to work independently in an office setting and travel to destinations in the woods. Minimum of 50% of work time is spent in the field, working on steep or broke ground covered with slash and brush, and in all weather conditions.
- Valid drivers license is required, as work involves driving company vehicles on rough roads (25,000 miles per year).
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. Were serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team.