ICF is looking for a Senior Director
to support our Beneficial Electrification practice within our Utility Programs and Services Division. ICF is growing and we need a dynamic, strategic, and growth-oriented Senior Director to help take us to the next level. We partner with our clients across North America to provide potential studies, program design and delivery support for programs, including technical/engineering expertise, program management, IT and marketing solutions, and call center and incentive fulfillment services. A number of these programs have been recognized with awards from ACEEE, AESP, SEPA, Chartwell, and others.
The Senior Director
will primarily support the Beneficial Electrification (BE) program implementation group to grow the business in the areas of building electrification (lead), transport electrification (support) and "non-road" electrification (support). The successful candidate is expected to have expertise, industry contacts and market knowledge of building electrification and as such will drive the advancement of the Building Electrification Offering. Supporting all areas of the business including business development, proposal writing, program/project delivery, organizational design, team building, partnership development, people management, and financial management. The Senior Director
, where appropriate, will also support business development, proposal writing and project management in the Flexible Load Management (FLM) group and the Climate Change and Sustainability (CCS) team with a focus on analytic and advisory services related to electrification and utility and state level de-carbonization pathway planning. As a senior member of the team the Senior Director
is expected to not only learn about but also drive the connections between BE, FLM and CCS teams. This includes leading projects/programs where shared resources / coordination are required.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of differences. As the Senior Director, Beneficial Electrification you will:
As the Senior Director, Beneficial Electrification you will have:
- Provide thought leadership and strategic direction to our regional teams and in collaboration with our larger energy business resulting in effective implementation of beneficial electrification strategies and achievement of quality, profit, growth, and other objectives.
- Lead efforts to sustain and grow our beneficial electrification business with existing and new clients in North America.
- Lead and support enterprise level initiatives focused on driving a culture of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for the region.
- Provide high levels of strategic and business vision with respect to building electrification, as well as tactical ability to ensure that business objectives are clearly defined and communicated and that internal operations are productive, effective, and measurable.
- Engage with internal and external partners to strategically leverage capabilities to meet client needs.
- Act as executive level contact with clients to understand how ICF's offerings align with their business objectives.
- Support organizational capability by developing team members, identify emerging leaders, invest in new talent, and ensure high levels of employee engagement.
- Ensure program and portfolio performance including on-time and on-budget project delivery, excellent deliverable quality, appropriate project staffing, risk mitigation, and client satisfaction.
- Work with all parties to obtain prompt resolution to key business issues likely to impact quality, service, and operations.
- Play an active leadership role within the organization and within the market through thought leadership, conferences, etc. Be an effective spokesperson and champion for ICF.
- Collaborate with Leadership, Business Development, and other ICF functions; leverage ICF corporate processes, systems, and resources to ensure a robust sales pipeline.
- Provide subject matter expertise for multiple large and/or complex sales proposals.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or energy related field. Master's degree preferred.
- 12+ years of experience developing and running successful energy efficiency, demand management or electrification programs, ensuring quality control and budget accountability.
- Proven track record of successful business development expertise.
- Ability to set and clearly articulate goals/priorities and exhibit a high level of energy and drive to achieve them. A perspective that encourages personal commitment and holds management and support staff accountable for achieving targets.
- Proven track record building operational unity and collaboration, combining business processes, and forging communication to create synergy and growth in the region.
- Strategic but hands-on leader with exceptional organizational, communications, and people management skills.
- The ability to gain the respect of peers within the ICF leadership team, forge strategic alliances, and be able to influence peers across the organization while achieving key corporate goals.
- Strong business and financial acumen; focused on actions and outcomes.
- Demonstrated capabilities in developing effective relationships with clients, industry stakeholders, and service providers.
Working at ICF
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to work with and inspire all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time, as needed.
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you're seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF-together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy .
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement .
Virginia Remote Office (VA99) ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 7,000 full and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.