Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs about 66,000 people and manufactures its products in 49 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to http://www.goodyear.com/corporate.About the Position
The Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) Engineer will provide expertise, leadership, assistance and advice to associates within the Global Technology organization - Pertaining to the EH&S management activities. This includes facilitating, formulating and/or implementing policies, controls, procedures and methods for the entire facility. The incumbent will achieve/maintain compliance with government, corporate and Goodyear requirements through program development/implementation. He/she will implement programs that drive cultural change. In addition, this associate will prepare/maintain incident, training and safety records/reports.Primary Responsibilities
Required Education and Experience
- Coordinate safety program activities to achieve safety goals. Establish/maintain comprehensive industrial safety/health records to demonstrate improvements in safety performance. Track program performance, identify proactive performance metrics/indicators and present finding of reviews.
- Develop/Conduct/Coordinate/Implement a variety of training programs for all associates. Be a resource to all employees to develop programs.
- Ensure continual compliance with all applicable federal, state and local regulations. Periodically review new/amended rules for applicability to organization.
- Evaluate all site materials, technologies, equipment, processes and procedures to ensure potential EH&S hazards are identified/communicated and hazard control measures are implemented.
Skills and Abilities
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Health, Safety or a related field required
- Masters degree in Engineering, Health, Safety or a related field desired
- No previous experience required
- Working knowledge of OSHA standards and other government safety requirements
- Strong communication, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes
- Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations and the determination of applicability