Develop, implement, and oversee location Environmental programs to comply with EPA, Indiana Department of Environmental Management, Department of Transportation (DOT) and Howmet Aerospace Engineering Standards.
- Assist in the execution of the activities of the EHS function to meet organizational goals, initiatives and requirements
- Develop/update standard policies, procedures and practices to ensure customer requirements are embodied in the EHS system
- Assist in the implementation of the EHS system to assure the flow down of industry, customer and corporate standards
- Assist in the maintenance of EHS performance metrics and reporting systems
Job responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a culture that is aligned with Howmet's EHS goals and objectives, with continuous EHS improvements.
- Manage, direct, coach, lead and motivate plant personnel to achieve EHS goals and objectives in a timely and safe manner.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Environmental, Health and Safety programs and activities to achieve, maintain, and exceed compliance with relevant regulatory laws and regulations as well as comply with Howmet policies, standards, and procedures.
- Manage all environmental issues, regulatory reports and permits as related to following disciplines: Air, Wastewater, Storm Water, Chemical, and Waste Disposal/Recycling. This includes responsibility for the timely and accurate filing of necessary records to demonstrate compliance with applicable federal, state, and Howmet programs such as sustainability.
- Develop and execute management systems designed to ensure compliance with all Howmet and governmental regulations.
- Ensure all on-site waste materials are managed according to government regulations.
- Maintain all records and documents as necessary.
- Manage and deliver EHS compliance training.
- Manage and/or perform hands-on monitoring and measurement.
- Evaluate and manage waste streams to determine ways to minimize or eliminate waste.
- Prepare and submit all required reports to appropriate regulatory agencies
- Coordinate environmental projects as needed.
- Perform all other job related duties as assigned.