AdvanSix plays a critical role in global supply chains, innovating and delivering essential products for our customers in a wide variety of end markets and applications that touch people's lives, such as building and construction, fertilizers, plastics, solvents, packaging, paints, coatings, adhesives and electronics. Our reliable and sustainable supply of quality products emerges from the vertically integrated value chain of our three U.S.-based manufacturing facilities. AdvanSix strives to deliver best-in-class customer experiences and differentiated products in the industries of nylon solutions, chemical intermediates, and plant nutrients, guided by our core values of Safety, integrity, Accountability and Respect. More information on AdvanSix can be found at http://www.advansix.com.
This full-time position requires a self-reliant, highly motivated individual able to work both independently and with a team. Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment in an organized, accurate and efficient manner. Will be responsible for overall management of safety and contractor safety programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide recommendations on, and develop policies, standards, training, and procedures.
- Manage and monitor adherence to safety policies and procedures and relay findings to management as appropriate.
- Lead the Contractor Safety Management program for AdvanSix
- Act as company Subject Matter Expert to answer questions and respond to safety and contractor safety program related issues.
- Assist in the development and successful execution of our safety strategic plan.
- Develop tools for measurement of safety practices and report to management regularly.
- Audit contractor safety and perform home-office visits for contractor compliance.
- Monitor new health and safety regulations and provide guidance for company adherence.
- Support and participate in company Safety Observation program and HSE continuous improvement processes.
- Monitor safety program maturity through routine field auditing and participating in company assurance audits.
- Participate on incident investigation teams and drive improvement in root cause and corrective actions.
- Develop content for and coordinate contractor safety meetings.
- Represent Company in industry and business community safety programs.
- Ensure employee, contractor, and vendor work practices are compliant with OSHA, NFPA, and other regulatory agencies, as well as with company standards and policies
- Establish program to monitor external best practices, advances, and emerging legislation to ensure continued program innovation and external compliance
- Partner with manufacturing sites on special safety projects and gap closures as needed
- Perform other Safety and general duties as identified
- Position may require up to 30% travel.
- Bachelor's degree in occupational safety/health, construction management or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years direct experience in HSE disciplinesworking in manufacturing and/or chemical industry.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations for both construction and general industry compliance.
- Professional Certificate (CSP, CHST, OHST) Preferred
- Excellent leadership and verbal and written communication skills
- Strong aptitude for digital media including Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Teams and training development software.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
- Demonstrated ability to research literature, standards, laws, and rules and apply same in efficient and effective manner.
- Ability to identify potential safety hazards and recommend corrective actions.
- Strong management, leadership, and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- People-oriented personality and aptitude to drive safety culture improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver training and communications to a diverse audience.
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of AdvanSix about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at AdvanSix via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of AdvanSix, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by AdvanSix for this position and a valid agreement with AdvanSix is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the AdvanSix agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
- Job Family SC03 - ISC HSE
- Pay Type Salary