Environmental SpecialistTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This role contributes to improving health, safety and environment (HSE) performance, helping the organization to deliver a high-performing culture through clear accountability and a skilled organization in the Mechanical Power Transmission - Motion based in Greenville, South Carolina.
Reporting to the Global Business Unit/Product Group Health, you will be responsible to develop and manage all aspects of the Sustainability program and ensures compliance with all government environmental regulations and relevant company policies and procedures. Supports the business by applying in-depth knowledge to offer solutions and advice through delivery of Group-wide performance improvement programs and/or Group Audit Program.Your responsibilities
- Sustainability Leader- contribute to the development of a global sustainability program to include reduction in Waste (Zero Landfill), Water, Energy and Air emissions
- Development of monitoring and reporting methods of all Sustainability efforts
- Tracks, assesses, and reports on emerging environmental trends and legislation and communicates relevant information on legal requirements within area of expertise and geography
- Supports constituent countries to operate in compliance with standards and respective legal obligations
- Ensures business wide compliance with all Federal, State and Local regulations and permits. Including USEPA and USDOT
- Coaching local Environment/HSE Managers and manages the global business environmental programs and Lead chemical management program and SDS program
- Delivers and deploys Environmental training, audit and Group-wide performance improvement programs to the Divisions and Local Business Units
- Develop and maintain Industrial Hygiene monitoring program, including program requirements, scheduling, and tracking methods
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Occupational Safety and Health or closely related field of study is highly desired and minimum 8 years of experience with managing Sustainability programs
- Familiarity with applicable government regulations
- Previous experience with hazardous materials disposal and DOT Hazmat requirements, Familiarity with applicable government regulations and company environmental policies and procedures
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as regulations, legal briefs, and scientific/ technical data
- Strong computer skills including SAP and MS Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
For more than 125 years, the Dodge® brand of mounted bearings, enclosed gearing and power transmission components have helped customers in robust industries increase the safety, productivity and profitability of their operations. By focusing on the specific needs of each industry, the Mechanical Power Transmission Division has developed innovative solutions and advanced technologies that improve output, increase uptime, and enhance system value in even the most challenging environments.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.