At Neumora, we are pushing the boundaries of science and technology to revolutionize the way patients with brain disease are treated. We are seeking a Research Associate with an interest neuroimmunology to join our team in Watertown, Massachusetts.
Responsibilities & Duties:
* Execute cell-based assays for a project team, screening small numbers of compounds
* Maintain various mammalian cell lines and primary cells in culture for experimental use
* Evaluate new assay conditions when necessary
* Run RNA and protein endpoints focused on molecular target of interest
* Provide molecular biology and lab-based support across teams
* Maintain detailed records of work performed in our electronic notebook environment
* Perform data analysis and present findings to our group of scientists at lab meetings and project meetings
Qualifications & Skills:
* B.S in molecular & cellular biology, biochemistry, neuroscience, with interest in (neuro)immunology with 0-3 years of relevant experience in biotech/pharma preferred.
* Experience in cell culture aseptic techniques
* Experience with molecular biology techniques, including molecular cloning, bacterial culture, isolation and analysis of DNA, RNA, and protein (e.g. qPCR, western blot analysis).
* Experience with cell-based assays including immune cells, is preferred.
* Organizational skills with detailed record keeping skills and ability to manage multiple projects
* Collaborative mindset and ability to work across teams on various projects.
* Desire to learn new skills and refine those skills both independently and with colleagues.