Royal Engineers & Consultants, LLC (Royal) is seeking a Senior Environmental Compliance Manager to join our team. Royal is a leader in restoration, protection, mitigation, compliance, disaster recovery, and remediation services; and we are looking for a highly motivated individual who has significant experience with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) compliance to manage multidisciplinary project teams and further develop Royal's Environmental Compliance capacity. This is a full-time position for a dynamic individual looking for career growth in environmental consulting that will require working alongside and supporting multiple projects and project managers. The position serves Royal offices in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and Lafayette and can be located at any of those locations. Travel to other offices and field / job sites will be necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Support disaster recovery, coastal restoration, and coastal protection efforts, including managing Environmental and Historic Preservation (EHP) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) environmental reviews for FEMA disaster recovery, HUD Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR), and coastal restoration or protection projects. This would include development of environmental assessments, compliance documents and work plans, as well as support for informal and formal consultation with federal agencies (e.g., Section 7).
* Manage Grant Application Reviews, Technical Oversight and Environmental Compliance.
* Manage project permitting activities including but not limited to Emergency Use Authorizations, Coastal Use Permits, 404, Section 10, Section 408, Water Quality Certification, and construction permits, as applicable.
* Support coastal planning activities related to restoration, protection, resilience, and resource management.
* Manage cultural resource surveys and investigations and associated coordination with resource agencies or entities.
* Research information relating to wetlands, endangered species, flora/fauna habitat requirements, cultural resources, water quality, etc.
* Provide analysis and interpretation of findings based on scientific literature, data, and existing knowledge.
* Prepare reports, work plans, and correspondence.
Skills and Requirements
* Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Geology, or related scientific discipline and 5+ years of related professional experience, or Master's degree in one of the disciplines listed above and 2+ years of related professional experience.
* Must be detail-oriented and a team player with good communication, analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
* Project Management experience would be a plus.
* Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
* Interested applicants may send resumes or questions to: Angella Landry (firstname.lastname@example.org)