Founded with the mission to enable successful treatments for every patient, zPREDICTA has developed the organ-specific 3D cell culture technology replicating human tumor microenvironment for reliable identification of compounds with a high probability of success in the clinic. You will join a dynamic and agile team developing 3D tissue models to support anticancer drug development. You will be responsible for the development and validation of novel organ-specific models to simulate tumor and healthy tissues and execution of client projects based on zPREDICTA's 3D culture technology.
To be successful, you have to be excited by the fast-paced environment of a start-up, be engaged while performing multiple roles, and possess a versatile set of technical skills. Along with a competitive compensation and benefits package and equity ownership we offer an opportunity to work side-by-side with the leadership team in a highly collaborative environment at zPREDICTA.
* Design, develop, and implement new organ-specific 3D tissue models for target discovery and efficacy and toxicity testing of anticancer agents
* Support partner projects from study design and execution through data analysis and report preparation
* Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Immunology, or related life science discipline, OR
* M.S. and 1-3 years of industry experience
* Knowledge of tumor biology and immuno-oncology
* Tumor microenvironment, specifically ECM and cellular heterogeneity
* Scaffold-based 3D cell culture of primary human cells and cell lines
* Epithelial, stromal, immune cell co-cultures
* Microscopy (brightfield, immunofluorescence) and image analysis
* Setting-up protocols and procedures
* Primary cell culture
* PDX models and culture of PDX tissue
* Organoid generation
* Organ-on-a-chip and/or microfluidic devices
* Flow cytometry
* Focused, but capable of driving multiple projects
* Curious, creative, and independent thinker driven to solve problems
* Unafraid of working outside of the area of expertise and experimenting with new approaches
* Roll-up-your-sleeves and jump-in attitude
* Appreciate a fast-paced environment
* Enjoy teaching
* Desire to learn
CANDIDATE MUST HAVE APPROPRIATE WORK AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES.
This position does not offer immigration visa sponsorship.
This position does not offer relocation benefits.
zPREDICTA is an equal opportunity employer.