We are committed to protecting public health and safety of Medical Marijuana and Hemp products by supporting cannabis cultivators and processors with accurate and precise analytical testing of cannabis products. Products to be tested include but are not limited to vape cartridges, tinctures, capsules, tablets, cannabis flower, cannabis extracts, topical lotions, lozenges, suppositories, and other intermediates.
The Microbiologist reports to the Lab Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for sample preparation, inoculation and culturing, and qPCR analyses to identify microorganisms of concern.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform procedures in accordance with standard methods and internal SOPs; ability to demonstrate competence in microbiological culture & qPCR techniques
- Assist with management of inventory for microbiology department
- Accurately document all activities related to sample handling, storage, preparation, analysis, and disposal
- Operate, calibrate, and maintain equipment such as incubators, water baths, biosafety cabinet, qPCR, thermogravimetric moisture balance, water activity meter, DNA microarray.
- Troubleshooting and identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance and/or reporting of test results by initiating corrective action
- Follow decontamination protocols to maintain a sterile testing environment and apply aseptic technique to test procedures
- Analyze and record testing results; accurately transfer results to LIMS
- Write/generate reports for microbiology department
- Preparation & QC of media, buffers, spiking solutions, and other reagents
- Maintain quality control cultures and plates
- Assist with validations/verifications of new equipment & methods for microbiology department.
- Ensure that laboratory is maintained in a clean and organized state
- Participate in after-hours Cannabis/Hemp meetings and conferences as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Lab Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in biology, biochemistry or related with a minor in biology; with at least 2 semesters of microbiology
- Experience working in an FDA &/or ISO 17025 accredited laboratory (or other regulated laboratory settings) required.
- 2-5 years of relevant industry experience (handling bacterial and fungal cultures
- Cannabis/pharmaceutical industry experience (a plus)
- Must be at least 21 years of age
Powered by JazzHR