The Health, Safety, Environment Manager inspects and evaluates the environment, equipment and processes in working areas to ensure compliance with government safety regulations and industry standards. This position will investigate accidents to identify the root cause and provide solutions to prevent reoccurrence. The HSE Manager will be responsible for ensuring H&S compliance with applicable regulations, company standards, and client-specific requirements, all while fostering an environment while caring for employee health and safety is a core value. The role requires an individual that is well organized, an active H&S leader, an engaging communicator, and is able to function in a collaborative team role while still working independently. The role requires someone who is capable of developing creative solutions to help advance the H&S systems and culture. This opportunity represents Shoppa's Material Handling and requires professionalism, strong communication skills, attention to detail, great attitude, and outstanding customer service.
- Inspect work areas and minimize and/or eliminate hazards from processes, including but not limited to incorrect work methods and materials, such as potentially toxic chemicals
- Participate in detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments
- Prepare applicable HSE reports as necessary
- Develop and implement inspection policies and procedures, schedule routing inspections and develops health and safety procedures for all areas of the company
- Conduct H&S audits to ensure the highest level of adherence to Shoppa's H&S policy.
- Develop and deliver H&S programs to build competency and knowledge with new hires and existing staff.
- Maintain positive and proactive relationships with colleagues, managers, executives, vendors, and regulatory agencies
- Works with HR in reporting of safety incidents/accidents
- Drafts inspection reports to document inspection findings
- Ensures material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field required; Masters degree desirable.
- Five years of related experience preferred.
- Completion of OSHA 30 Hour General Industry course
- Certified Environmental Health Professional
- OSHA Safety Professional Certifications
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections.
- Travel required to various locations
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.