We are a dynamic, early-stage, VC-funded startup company focused on developing a new generation of breakthrough technologies to unravel the fundamental questions how genomic function is regulated, and to generate clinically relevant information to address the world's most complex genetic diseases. We are actively seeking like-minded team members who share our passion and drive to overcome difficult challenges to have a positive impact on genomic medicine and human life.
The candidate will be responsible for a variety of molecular biology techniques in support of the company's R&D goals, working closely with other scientists in a multi-disciplinary environment. As a key member of the team, the candidate will contribute to the company's early growth and success. The candidate will carry out imaging, karyotyping, tissue culture, harvesting, microslide preparation, imaging, cytogenomics analysis. In addition, the candidate will assist in general lab operations and participate in team meetings.
Confidence to perform a variety of cytogenetic procedures that may include:
o Cell culture and harvest
o Slide preparation
o Karyotyping preparation and analysis
o FISH preparation and analysis
· Assesses and improve cytogenetic slide quality.
· DNA extraction and processing DNA for applications including PCR.
· Quality Control (QC) of nucleic acids operating multiple instruments
· Preparing standard media and solutions
· Maintain inventory and orders supplies as needed.
· Initiates troubleshooting steps to evaluate testing failures and other technical problems.
· Ability to learn and carry out new experimental procedures with accuracy and efficiency.
· Demonstrated ability to follow verbal and/or written protocols.
· Highly detail oriented and organized. Effective at multitasking, adept at juggling changing priorities.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience with standard office equipment and commonly used software and tools, such as Microsoft Office.
· Perform appropriate documentation and maintain accurate and legible records.
· Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team.
· Master's degree or above in a relevant field.
· Demonstrated experience and application of molecular biology knowledge.
· Demonstrated experience and comfort of working in a biological wet lab.
· PhD in a relevant field.
· 2+ years of experience as a researcher or lab technician.
· Demonstrated experience preparing slides for karyotyping or FISH applications.
· Experience with single molecule , single cell work, microscopy imaging, microfluidics, generation of sequencing libraries for multiple platforms (Whole Genome Sequencing, RNAseq, Hi-C, etc.)