Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk's Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Wood Mackenzie has been providing clients with analysis and advice on a bespoke basis for over two decades. Our experienced consulting team is structured to provide clients in the power & renewables, metals & mining, upstream, downstream, gas & LNG and petrochemicals teams with advice that is based on real substance and which leverages our unrivalled knowledge of global and local assets and markets. Role Purpose
The Principal role holder will support the Power & Renewables Consulting team in delivering a wide range of consulting mandates, including traditional Power markets as Energy Transition segments. The position requires the ability to apply industry knowledge to a broad range of strategic consulting projects and client situations. Main Responsibilities Project management
- Effective project planning - define project scope and course of action to accomplish required goals - ensure all stakeholders are aligned.
- Secure resources required for project, ensure resources are being utilised effectively.
- Track progress against project plan.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and prioritise own work-load to ensure project objectives and targets met.
- Keep client updated on progress.
- Ability to oversee contribution of others (consultants, researchers, subcontractors and associates) to ensure that projects have high quality deliverables, are completed on time and within budget.
- Review and close off project internally (project review, participant feedback etc.).
- Identify follow-up and re-sale opportunities
- Support the head of regional sector in business development activities across EMEARC including development of offerings, thought leadership, client engagement and pitching.
- Be responsible for a selected subset of clients in EMEARC with direct ownership for the development of the relationship and pursue of consulting opportunities.
- Work with global Power & Renewables team to develop global offerings and share best practices
- Supporting and coaching project team members on input into a range of consulting projects, including operation of sophisticated internal models and developing spreadsheets to create new analyses.
- Contributing towards the content and format of consulting presentations and reports.
- Extracting and analysing data from internal and external sources such as databases, websites, industry interviews and Wood Mackenzie products.
- Demonstrate high standards of professionalism and attention to detail to ensure the highest quality analysis is delivered.
- Willingness to take ownership for analysis undertaken, and ability to defend work to clients in a coherent, credible and authoritative manner
- Effective and timely communication with clients, informing them of progress at all times
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills, both internally and externally.
- Establish good working relationships with colleagues across the business.
- Keep client and internal teams informed of progress at all times.
- Ability to present clearly and concisely to clients and colleague
- Proven effective cross team working skills, being able to work in an open and trusting way across the broader consulting, research and sales teams in Wood Mackenzie.
- Adopt a flexible approach towards work.
- Support consulting practice development by working with colleagues to understand what new offerings can be taken to clients.
Qualifications Knowledge & Experience
- Direct experience within the power & renewables industry or in a related consulting environment with demonstrated experience in project management.
- Preferably with at least 5-8 years of working experience.
- A strong understanding of the power industry dynamics, EMEARC power markets, business models and strategies is desired.
- Analytical skills including but not limited to
- Power market modelling (using tools such as Aurora, etc.)
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Proven experience of working in a team environment is essential
- Personal time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Project management
- Financial experience is not essential but would be beneficial
- Assertive and influential
- Issue identification, problem solving and analysis-
- Planning, implementation and control
- Determined and resilient
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.