Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Engineer, Environment, Health, & Safety (EHS)!
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
Are you interested in joining a diverse team where we believe Safety is a commitment from the heart, and we take an active interest in others and look out for their safety every day? Apply today!
The Senior EHS Engineer, as a member of the site EHS team, will assist to ensure site performance of the Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) program. They are responsible for providing technical expertise for all EHS programs. Under the direction of the site EHS Manager, they will support all aspects of the EHS Management System at the Janssen site in San Diego, CA to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local EHS regulations, as well as Johnson & Johnson EHS Standards.Key Responsibilities
- Independently initiate, lead, and recommend EHS solutions to self-identified or reported EHS observations.
- Assist the EHS team, ensuring site leadership and employees are effectively and successfully implementing EHS programs to maintain governmental regulatory compliance and conformance with company policies and procedures.
- Program management support in the fields of industrial hygiene, occupational safety, machine safety, ergonomics, and emergency preparedness program components, including written procedures and work instructions, development and delivery of training materials, and performing general personal protective equipment testing.
- Coordinate or conduct required industrial hygiene (e.g., noise and chemical) monitoring, support biosafety program activities, and develop job safety analysis for automated and manual job activities.
- Support responses and corrective actions to alleged violations or nonconformances of rules, regulations, policies, or procedures, by evaluating and recommending solutions.
- Perform routine EHS inspections and assessments to mitigate risk.
- Provide campus leadership with ongoing consultation pertaining to environmental, health, and safety aspects and identify the impacts of changes to regulations on key business objectives and targets.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree or focused degree in EHS, Engineering, or other related science field or subject area preferred
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience
- Environmental, Health, & Safety (EHS) experience, including identifying, evaluating, and controlling EHS risks in the workplace
- Technical/working knowledge of federal, state, and local EHS regulations
- Demonstrated project management skills, with the ability to lead projects and produce and maintain project schedules/budgets
- Excellent planning, influencing, negotiating, organizational, and time management skills
- Demonstrate strong leadership, analytical, and written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Safety Manager, or similar certification
- Experience, training, or certification in Lean/Six Sigma or Process Excellence tools & methodologies
- Experience in an R&D environment
- Experience with various EHS governing organizations: Environmental Protections Agency (EPA), California Occupational Safety and Health (Cal-OSHA), California Air Resources Board (CARB), CUPA (Certified Unified Program Agency), and/or California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
- Technical experience in diverse EHS areas including but not limited to industrial hygiene, chemical safety, or biosafety
- Ability to quickly interpret complex regulatory issues and provide recommended course of action
- Requires up to 20% domestic and international travel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Primary Location
United States-California-San Diego-3210 Merryfield RowOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)Job Function