The O'Connor Group has partnered with Delaware River Stevedores to hire a Health, Safety, Environmental (HSE) Manager for their site in Philadelphia, PA.
The Health, Safety, Environmental (HSE) Manager's function at DRS is responsible for planning, implementing, and maintaining the occupational health, safety, environmental, and training programs to ensure operational excellence throughout the company. This position works with management to develop policies and procedures for maintaining a safe work environment for Company operations.Qualifications
Essential Skills & Experience
- Plan, implement, and maintain HSE programs, policies, and procedures.
- Formulate and communicate safety objectives to all departments and personnel.
- Maintain and distribute regulatory compliance information to HSE personnel and management.
- Perform facility inspections to identify potential health, safety, and environmental hazards. Investigate and document accidents, injuries, and unsafe workplace conditions and practices.
- Prepare incident reports and update all applicable databases and spreadsheets to maintain accurate records.
- Develop and implement solutions to mitigate identified workplace safety hazards. Assist managements in preparing written appeals for occupational health, safety, and environmental violations.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding off Workers' Compensation Law and OSHA record keeping guidelines.
- Provide leadership and education in zero-incident safety culture and assume personal accountability and responsibility for safe work practices in all operations.
- Bachelor's degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene or safety-related field
- 3+ years of experience in the maritime industry; other industrial segments will be considered Strong organizational/management capabilities
- CSP (Certified Safety Professional) and OSHA 40 certifications are required
- Sound knowledge of OSHA, and Terminal safety regulations
- Familiarity with relevant CFRs is required
- Proven skills in written and verbal communications, planning, organizing, leadership and interpersonal relationship building required
- MS Office (particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
Our client offers platinum benefit
packages and great culture