MOMA Therapeutics is looking for an exceptional Head of Early ResearchAbout MOMA Therapeutics
At MOMA Therapeutics, we are discovering the next generation of medicines. We are motivated by a single common goal, to discover and develop innovative new medicines for patients through our singular focus: the therapeutic targeting of molecular machines.Imagine joining a company where you….
In this role you will:
- Will be a scientific leader on an experienced and innovative team that is collectively unstoppable, trusts one another, and selflessly collaborates
- Will work with incredible colleagues who are committed to the collective discovery of transformative medicines for patients
- Are needed…because the work you will do has strategic impact and because patients are counting on us to deliver
- Head the lead finding and chemical biology capability across the discovery organization as we construct a platform to broadly and efficiently target molecular machines. This critical and dynamic role requires an exceptional ability to generate, interrogate and refine target modulation hypotheses across multiple targets and platforms.
- Drive innovation in hit finding approaches among novel targets. This role requires an ability to use both standard and cutting-edge hit finding approaches to creatively and iteratively identify pharmacologically relevant modulators unprecedented targets.
- Collaborate with data scientists, computational chemists and biologists, medicinal chemists, pharmacologists, biologists and structural biologists to build a multi-platform knowledge base aimed at a transformative ability to identify chemical matter targeting molecular machines.
- Impact multiple drug discovery programs by working to define a core strategy around identification of relevant chemical starting points for a variety of targets.
Build, integrate and lead a team of internal scientists and external collaborators to achieve programmatic and platform goals.About you:
- You have a PhD degree and at least 10+ years lead finding and/or chemical biology experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- You are an expert with a proven track record in hit finding approaches and have demonstrated innovation in prior projects
- You have a working knowledge of complementary disciplines including computational chemistry, medicinal chemistry, target identification and validation, structural biology and data science
- You have demonstrated experience in mentoring junior scientists
- You have experience in effectively working with other scientists to formulate and answer questions through the integration and analysis of data
- You work hard, you are kind to others, and you enjoy being a part of a collaborative team that delivers