EvolveImmune Therapeutics is a next-generation immunotherapy drug discovery and development company based in the Yale/New Haven biotechnology ecosystem with laboratories in Farmington and Branford, CT. EvolveImmune is leveraging a novel in vivo CRISPR-based target discovery platform to develop a broad portfolio of first-in-class immunotherapies for unmet medical needs in oncology and immune diseases.The Role
We have a position opening for Research Associate in the Biology team. The ideal candidate has a strong positive attitude and a willingness to learn with general laboratory experience that may include material and reagent preparation using sterile techniques, evaluation of recombinant proteins, cell culture, and the isolation and evaluation of primary human immune cells.
This individual will work directly with the drug development project team to evaluate a novel cancer immunotherapy designed to orchestrate adaptive immunity through optimal T cell activation at tumor sites. This includes helping to prepare materials and reagents for experiments, assisting with primary immune cells including T and B lymphocyte isolation, evaluating the potential novel immunotherapies to prevent or reverse T cell exhaustion in ex vivo assays, and establishing immune cell cancer cell co-cultures assays for ex vivo evaluation of novel antibody-based immunotherapies. This individual will also help stage materials of in vivo studies by expanding cancer cell cultures and preparing immune cell materials to evaluate surrogate immunotherapies in mouse models of cancer. Accurate data recording, strong attention to details and the ability to follow standard procedures are critical for success in this role.
We are looking for candidates who enjoy working in a team and can leverage the growth opportunities that a matrixed environment provides. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who is excited about drug discovery and development and is driven to translate our discoveries into novel therapeutics.Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with team members across different functional teams
- Maintain tissue cultured cell lines (tumor cell lines)
- Immune cell isolation from human PBMCs and set up immune cell activation assays
- Assist with acquisition of cellular assay measurements including cell toxicity, protein and cytokine measurements by Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) and Meso-scale Device and cell surface marker assessment by immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometry.
- Perform image-based acquisition and analysis of cellular assays
- Keep detailed records of experiments in electronic notebooks, analyze data and prepare and deliver presentations to research team members.
- This role is a full time, in-person position in EvolveImmune's laboratories in Branford CT.
B.S./B.A. degree in biology or a related field, with 1-3 years of laboratory experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry or in an academic institution.Experience
The candidate should have general laboratory experience with a preference for candidates that that have experience in cancer biology and cellular immunology. Experience with general procedures including experience in aseptic tissue culture techniques, enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), cell phenotyping or enumeration using flow cytometry and lab safety procedures is preferred. Data analysis experience with GraphPad Prism and general knowledge of routine statistical analysis is also preferred.
EvolveImmune Therapeutics requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
EvolveImmune will provide a competitive compensation package based on the level of the experience of the candidate. The base salary range for Research Associate is $48,000 - $110,000. EvolveImmune Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer.