Vividion is a next generation biotechnology company based in San Diego that is leveraging its proprietary chemical proteomics platform to conduct proteome-wide footprinting of drug-protein interactions with unprecedented breadth and precision. Our technology allows us to screen, identify and optimize novel drugs that selectively bind virtually any protein, including proteins previously considered "undruggable". Our pipeline and emerging programs reflect a matured and productive platform capable of delivering first in class drugs utilizing novel mechanisms of action (allosteric inhibitors, protein-protein interaction inhibitors, functional activators, degraders etc.) against undruggable targets in the oncology and immunology space.
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist that can help drive early-stage projects. As a scientist in the structural biology group, the successful candidate will have extensive hands-on experience throughout the gene to structure process. Primary responsibilities will be to determine protein-ligand structures for the advancement of medicinal chemistry efforts and to gain insights into the mechanism of action. This position provides stimulating intellectual challenges of working with novel small molecule binding sites on a variety of protein classes.
Experience and education requirements:
- PhD in Biochemistry or related field, the ideal candidate will have 2+ years in industry setting
- Extensive experience in protein construct design, expression, purification and characterization for a variety of protein classes
- Expertise in crystallization of protein-protein and protein-ligand complexes with high-resolution x-ray structure determination
- Demonstrated ability to apply biochemical and biophysical approaches to support structural characterization of small molecule-protein and protein-protein interactions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with colleagues to ensure structural work meets the program requirements
Required Key Attributes:
- Effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be an effective team player and strong individual contributor, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines
In addition to a competitive compensation package, Vividion also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
Vividion Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Powered by JazzHR